deposition <disposition> (referring to death)

< Previous | Next >

bookandlanguagelover

English - U.S.A.
Hey all!

I'm translating death certificates into Italian but I actually can't read the heading of one section in English! I think it says "deposition." It refers to the options of taking care of a corpse. The options are burial, cremation, entombment, etc. But I've never come across this before so I don't know if that word makes sense or if it's actually another word...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

• bookandlanguagelover

English - U.S.A.
    It's possible. Would that make sense? I really don't know this terminology but I want to have the right word before I translate it and I simply can't make it out.

Any other ideas?

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    It's a pretty standard phrase that I've found on death certificates that I've translated, but I have no way of knowing if it is the right word in your case. Maybe someone else will have another idea.

bookandlanguagelover

English - U.S.A.
    Well, if it's a standard phrase you've found on death certificates, I'm assuming the one I'm working on is no different. I also just phoned a colleague and he feels as though it is correct. So thank you very much for your initial comment! It got us to where we needed to be.

Cheers!

< Previous | Next >