depository matching

< Previous | Next >

manulin

italian
Ciao,
ho ancora bisogno di aiuto nella traduzione di un testo bancario/assicurativo cosa può significare "depository matching"?
Lo riporta come compito dell'Amministrazione delle polizze assicurative, dice solo
Monthly activities:
-Evaluation of global portfolio on the asset level according to the regulations...
-Depository matching :UL

Probabilmente si tratta di qualcosa riguardante i depositi ma come posso renderlo?

thank you in advance!!

• elemika

Russian
    Ciao, Manulin,
    if we are in the field of deposit insurance, the matter is that the banks
    lend or invest most of the money deposited with them (assets, so on) but they also are safe-keeping some amounts of money in their depository.
    It's only my guess :eek:,
    maybe "depository matching: UL" is related to this safe-keeping and the depository's safety? Anyway, each bank has a depository (a safe on the exterior of a building which receives deposits after business hours) which should match some standards /certificates / rules /tests

UL could stand for "Underwriters Laboratories" (and UL has been testing and certifying safes for more than 80 years)

Purtroppo non sono in grado di tradurlo tanto che dovremmo sentire gli esprti madrelingua. :)

Yulan

Italian
    Ciao Manulin :)

Sono tendenzialmente d'accordo con Elemika per quanto riguarda UL: si tratta di un ente certificatore, appunto, che svolge ispezioni (su materiali e sistemi qualità) per omologare aziende e istituti in base a regolamentazioni precise: forse la banca deve effettuare il proprio Depository Matching conformemente alle procedure previste da UL.

Potrebbe essere, come dice Elemika, oppure potrebbe corrispondere (tradotto letteralmente) a "Corrispondenza Conti Deposito".

Temo che serva l'aiuto di madrelingua ... ciao :)

manulin

italian
    thank you both,
    you helped me a lot especially with the acronym! I found another one PIP in the same context. Have you ever heard it?
    So I assume that I can translate matching as corrispondenza in the meaning of corrispondenti even in other sentences like surrenders matching:UL and claims matching :UL and PIP so Corrispondenza delle Cessioni and Corrsipondenza dei rimborsi. Is it correct?
    Thank you again!!!

Yulan

Italian
    Hi again Manulin,

I think so, I mean, "matching" translates "corrispondenza", but, to be sure about it, we should wait for natives' confirmation.

As far as PIP is concerned, I'm afraid, nothing comes to my mind at the moment :( ... since the acronym appears next to UL, it should actually correspond to a sort of program or procedure to be followed to ensure the matching operations are in compliance with defined rules ... but ...

Let's wait for other suggestions :)

Yulan

Italian
    Oh, John, of course ... I was referring to PIP: your suggestion seems to be appropriate from a logical standpoint.

Ciao :)

manulin

italian
    thank you
    I think that the best thing to do is to ask the company'secretary to provide me of the extended words. There's no way there are too much opportunities!

Have a nice day!

< Previous | Next >