derivar

< Previous | Next >

LoveFifteen

English - USA
Señor Guajardo declaró sobre una iniciativa de ley presentada en la Cámara de Diputados el 19 de septiembre de 2001, que subsecuentemente fue discutida y derivó finalmente en la aprobación de una iniciativa mediate la cual se adoptó el impuesto.

Mr. Guajardo testified about a proposed law introduced in the Chamber of Deputies on September 19, 2001, which subsequently was debated and finally _______ in the approval of a law through which the tax was adopted.

Any help with the word derivar and what it can mean besides derive?

• Eugin

Argentina (Spanish)
    Hi Lovefifteen!
    You can translate it as: "... y que finalmente resultó en la aprobación de la ley por la cual se adoptó el impuesto"

Cheers!!!

cirrus

UK English
    Señor Guajardo declaró sobre una iniciativa de ley presentada en la Cámara de Diputados el 19 de septiembre de 2001, que subsecuentemente fue discutida y derivó finalmente en la aprobación de una iniciativa mediate la cual se adoptó el impuesto.

Mr. Guajardo testified about a proposed law introduced in the Chamber of Deputies on September 19, 2001, which subsequently was debated and finally _______ in the approval of a law through which the tax was adopted.

Any help with the word derivar and what it can mean besides derive?
    I'm with Eugin on this one. You could translate it as ended up being approved. The original seems a bit baggy to me. I wonder whether I am departing too much from the original when I suggest something along these lines:

He presented his bill in the Chamber of Deputies in September 2001. This was debated and finally made law and the tax was adopted as a result.

Feel free to chop and cut as you will.

all the best

< Previous | Next >