1. The forums will be closed for a major forum upgrade for around 2-4 hours on Sunday, starting around noon US Eastern Time (GMT -4, 18:00 in most of Europe). Details
    Dismiss Notice

dernier étage de filtration

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Dynamo L, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Dynamo L Senior Member

United Kingdom
    English - United Kingdom
    I'm a bit unsure of the word 'étage' here. Is the 'efficacité du dernier étage de filtration' the 'last stage filter efficiency', or the 'last level filter efficiency', speaking in terms of the height of the building?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Enquiring Mind

Enquiring Mind Senior Member

UK/Česká republika
    English - the Queen's
    Impossible to say without context. Dynamo L! I would have said .... last stage of filtration assuming it's some sort of chemistry context. Why do you mention buildings?

3. Yllanos

Yllanos Senior Member

efficacité de filtration du dernier étage would be more logical if you're speaking about buildings watertightness

4. Dynamo L Senior Member

United Kingdom
    English - United Kingdom
    Apologies - it's true that I ought to have provided more context! It's speaking about air filtration in a factory where dust particles have to be kept to a minimum. Would that make 'level' more likely, given what has already been said above?