des classes préparatoires aux concours d’entrée

Bluelady

French - France
Hello everybody,

Today's problem is the following sentence :

Des classes préparatoires aux concours d’entrée des écoles d’ingénieurs font leur apparition.
The context is the description of recent new training and teaching in a specialized school.

I've made following attempts :

1) Preparatory courses for entrance examinations of engineering schools are emerging.

2) Courses preparing candidates to examinations for entering in engineering schools are emerging.

Do they seem correct ? Any other ideas ? Thank you so much in advance.

• Transfer_02

English - British
    Courses aimed at preparing candidates for universty/School of Engineering entrance examinations are now being offered / have recently emerged/have now appeared.

(I'm not sure I would use "emerging" in the present continuous. It is not a continuous event. They emerged at a point in time and now they are developing or growing in number, if you see what I mean)

Bluelady

French - France
    Courses aimed at preparing candidates for universty/School of Engineering entrance examinations are now being offered / have recently emerged/have now appeared.

(I'm not sure I would use "emerging" in the present continuous. It is not a continuous event. They emerged at a point in time and now they are developing or growing in number, if you see what I mean)
    Yes, Transfer, I see what you mean about the way we must use to emerge. And your sentence is okay and reflects exactly the meaning of the French original text. Thank you very much !

< Previous | Next >