des sache se alle

fra3nic

Italian-Italy
Hallo!!
Ich lese gerade einen Roman von Susanne Froehlich "Familienpackung".
Es geben viele Umgangssprache und ich kann nicht diesen Ausdruck verstehen:

"Des sache se alle"

• Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    Suchst du auch eine englische Übersetzung? Ich glaube, da gibt es keine Einheitliche. Es wird auf den Kontext ankommen:

A: I wouldn't ever want to have a baby as long as I'm still a child myself!
    B: Well, so does everybody else, but if it happened once, you'll have to go through it.

Ich bin mal gespannt, was unsere englischen Muttersprachler zu sagen haben. :)

Brioche

Australia English
    Suchst du auch eine englische Übersetzung? Ich glaube, da gibt es keine Einheitliche. Es wird auf den Kontext ankommen:

B: Well, so does everybody else, but if it happened once, you'll have to go through it.

I don't like the combination of "not ever" and "as long as",
    not + ever = niemals.
    I don't like "once", or "through it".

My suggestions:
    I don't want to have a baby. I'm still a child myself!
    .... but if it does happen [to you], you'll have to go through with it.

I wouldn't want to have a baby while I'm still a child myself.
    ... but if it did happen, you'd have to go through with it.

And I think "They all say that" instead of "so does everybody else" would work just fine, too.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Or "That's what they all say."

"So does everyone else" does not work at all. For one thing, it's grammatically faulty:

I wouldn't want to have a baby...
    Neither would anyone else.

I don't want to have a baby...
    Neither does anyone else...

Secondly, the meaning is not the same as that of the German sentence. There's a difference between "Neither would anyone else" ("I think that no one would want to have a baby at that age") and "That's what they all say" ("I hear this kind of thing all the time"). The latter sentence does not reveal the speaker's opinion regarding people's desires; it reports what they say and actually suggests that the speaker doubts the validity of the claim.

gaer

US-English

Das sagen sie alle=That's what they all say

(very informal, idiomatic)

Your English dialogue sounds a bit strange. How would you say it in German? :)

Gaer

< Previous | Next >