desafiándose una y otra vez para dejar cautivos a quienes desean involucrarse

Cynthia64

México. Español
Hi to everybody!

I'm having trouble translating the next paragraph, because i'm not sure whether i'm using correctly the verbs "amuse" and "challenge", and the pronoun "whom". The paragraph is part of a much more large text about psicotherapy, that talks about a characters typology.

Here's the paragraph in Spanish:

Un Desplazado de movimiento es una persona que exalta el deseo. Su carácter está basado en la necesidad de tener placer y de jugar. Necesita divertirse ocultándose y moviéndose bajo el agua, desafiándose una y otra vez para dejar cautivos a quienes desean involucrarse con él.

And here's my attempt of translation. Please, also if you see any other mistake in my translation, let me know!

Displaced of movement is a person who exalts the desire. Their character is based on the need of have pleasure and to play. They need to amuse themselves by hiding and moving under the water, challenging themselves, again and again, to get captive those whom want to get involved with them.

Thanks in advance.

Cynthia

• The Newt

English - US
    [A displaced of movement] is someone who exalts desire. Their* character is grounded in the need to have pleasure and to play. They need to amuse themselves by hiding and moving under the water, challenging themselves over and over again in order to take prisoner those who want to get involved with them.

"A displaced of movement" makes no sense, but there may be a jargon expression here that I'm not familiar with. Much of this text sounds fairly odd, but that may simply be the nature of the material.

* You probably will have to use their / them throughout, as "his or her" etc. will get very wordy.

Cynthia64

México. Español
    Thank you very much The Newt!

Sure! It's an odd and complicated text, because it talks about complicated things... people mind.

Anyway, i think you got it very well, and i really appreciate your suggestions. I'll take them all.

Thank you again.

Cynthia

< Previous | Next >