descriptive words for long legs

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

hahnny

Korean - South Korea
Hi forum. I'd like to know what would be a good description for a long body contour/line? Those typical characteristics of western body (compared to Asian's) that has long legs and just taller overall.

We have an expression in which a tall female body is akin to a road that curves in and out mildly and runs straight down.

If you were to keep that analogy to the road in this case what would you say? words, expressions, or adjectives, any input/suggestions are appreciated.

• Packard

USA, English
    "Leggy".

From Google definitions:

leg·gy
    ˈleɡē/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      (of a woman) having attractively long legs.
      "a leggy redhead"

2. 2.
      (of a plant) having an excessively long and straggly stem.
      "tulips may grow tall and leggy"

hahnny

Korean - South Korea
    Thank you. Leggy. Langky? Yeah those are good adjectives. But could you keep it to the analogy to the road thing I mentioned above?

So, maybe cast it in a frame like

That leggy redhead's got some curves and length. :D Her figure curves in and out and _______ ??? (please insert your words here)

Here's my take.
    "and it falls gracefully."

Does this make sense? Is there a way of phrasing that accentuate the length of body?

Packard

USA, English
    Thank you. Leggy. Langky? Yeah those are good adjectives. But could you keep it to the analogy to the road thing I mentioned above?

So, maybe cast it in a frame like

That leggy redhead's got some curves and length. :D Her figure curves in and out and _______ ??? (please insert your words here)

Here's my take.
    "and it falls gracefully."

Does this make sense? Is there a way of phrasing that accentuate the length of body?
    That leggy redhead's got some curves and length.:cross:
    That leggy redhead's got some curves and length height.:tick:

That leggy redhead has some curves and height and nearly perfect proportions.

Note: With "perfect proportions" it is impossible to judge height in a photo without some external reference.

heypresto

English - England
    'That leggy redhead's got some curves' sounds very 1970s to me, and pretty sexist and offensive in tone. And talking about curvy figures is not done nowadays. I would avoid this sort of language.

If you simply want to say someone is tall, just say they are tall.

Cross-posted.

hahnny

Korean - South Korea
    Thanks for the comment, Packard. I was trying to see what kind of verb you'd use to fill in the blank. Just easy colloquial English, you know. Wow your note, I need to break down the science of it. You think way too much! o_O

hahnny

Korean - South Korea
    'That leggy redhead's got some curves' sounds very 1970s to me, and pretty sexist and offensive in tone. And talking about curvy figures is not done nowadays. I would avoid this sort of language.

If you simply want to say someone is tall, just say they are tall.

Cross-posted.
    My intentions are purely language related. I'm sorry if that sentence have raised some eyebrows.

Myridon

English - US
    But could you keep it to the analogy to the road thing I mentioned above?
    No, we really can't do that. We don't compare women to roads.
    Is she long and curvy like this road?

Lanky (ungracefully tall and thin) is not generally a good thing.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    Quite apart from the fact that we don't generally devise lists for people in the forum, I get the uncomfortable impression that we may perhaps be straying into rather dangerous territory with this thread, so I'm now closing it.

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions, which I hope hahnny has found useful.
    DonnyB - moderator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >