design consultant

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    MARINARTO said:
    how should the title 'design consultant' be written in Italian for a man?
    The difficulty with the word 'consultant' is that, free of context, it may mean almost anything. Please try to provide an example and some context when framing a question.

Designer is disegnatore, generically, and if you are talking about industrial design, you may say progettatore.

ciao,
    Cuchuflete

MARINARTO

AUSTRALIA ENGLISH
    Many thanks for your reply -
    The context of 'consultant' in this case is for a role of Design Consultant to the prestigious furniture/custom kitchen market; I'm beginning work in that capacity for an Italian importer......hope that helps.

Ciao, and thanks again.

Mark

walnut

Italy - Italian
    Hi marinarto and welcome :)

in the Industrial Design context, we use "designer" meaning Design Consultant.
    Consulente per la/alla progettazione, Progettista could also fit but would sound more generical. I suppose this could sound weird to an english native... :) but in italian "designer" is more specific than progettista and can refer to a higher professional level/ambient.

An example:

Aldo Rossi era anche un designer, le sue caffettiere sono dei capolavori.

or

Questo è un bel tavolo progettato da un grande designer.

Hope it helped :) Walnut

MARINARTO

AUSTRALIA ENGLISH
    I wonder whether the term 'consultant designer' (rather than design consultant) translated would be a better description.....
    What do you think? I don't want the term/title to be too cumbersome if possible.

Many thanks for your help,

Ciao4now

walnut

Italy - Italian
    MARINARTO said:
    I wonder whether the term 'consultant designer' (rather than design consultant) translated would be a better description.....
    What do you think? I don't want the term/title to be too cumbersome if possible.

Many thanks for your help,

Ciao4now
    You could maybe use a generical "consulente" without further specifications. An example sentence could help suggesting you an appropriate translation avoiding a "cumbersome effect"! :) Ciao, Walnut

lsp

NY
    US, English
    silviap said:
    Something is not clear to me yet. How is a design consultant different from a designer?
    In AE the difference would serve only to qualify the person's association with the firm, for example a freelancer or a regular staff member on the company's payroll.

Silvia

Italian
    lsp said:
    In AE the difference would serve only to qualify the person's association with the firm, for example a freelancer or a regular staff member on the company's payroll.
    Which is which?

< Previous | Next >