Design/develop a web site

< Previous | Next >

Anello

Russian
Which verb is used in this phrase?

Design/develop a web site - I want to say to create a web site, both programming part and design

Thanks

• Tazzler

American English
    in that case I would say "develop" because to me "design" rather emphasizes the layout aspect of creating a website.

AnnicaCooks

English
    I would say it as "Design" a website. Design a website means create a website. Develop a website means promote a website.

----
    Annica

sdgraham

USA English
    in that case I would say "develop" because to me "design" rather emphasizes the layout aspect of creating a website.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I would say it as "Design" a website. Design a website means create a website. Develop a website means promote a website.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
    Rather than go into it here, I suggest you just use Google to search for "web site development" ... it's all about coding, not promotion.

Sorry.

morior_invictus

Slovak
    Hello Annica and welcome to the forum. :)

Well, not exactly.

Web design is sort of a stage that serves as a space for web designers to show their design skills and impress the audience. That’s what the audience see. Sometimes it is only a graphical representation of a website as a basis for a coding. It is also called the "front end" of a website.

Web development is sort of a backstage that is unseen by the audience (coding, markup language, search engine optimization, etc.). It is also called the "back end" of a website.

That’s why one of the most popular WYSIWYG website editor offers a code view and a design view when you build a website.

(cross-posted)

< Previous | Next >