1. monica galarza garcia New Member

    Viña de Mar
    Chile Español
    me pueden ayudar a como decir "desinflar un globo en inglés"
  2. Miguel Antonio Senior Member

    Galego (Rías Baixas)
  3. brentjccc Senior Member

    Kentucky, USA
    USA, English
    "To let the air out of a balloon" would be more colloquial, just so you know. I wouldn't really say "deflate" in a an everyday conversation regarding a balloon, but maybe that's just me! :c)
  4. Miguel Antonio Senior Member

    Galego (Rías Baixas)
    Guess you're right!
  5. Mirlo

    Mirlo Senior Member

    Castellano, Panamá/ English-USA
    Let the air out of the balloon.
    La mayoría de las personas "pop the balloon" (lo revientan):D.
  6. Pablo de los EU Senior Member

    English, US
    Sí, de acuerdo con Mirlo. También se puede decir ¨deflate¨, pero es más común decir ¨let the air out.¨
  7. earthmerlin

    earthmerlin Senior Member

    Hola. My question is twofold. Is 'desinflar' or 'deshinchar' more commonly used regarding ballons? Secondly, how you say 'The ballon's deflating'--meaning as a natural occurrence such as the helium it contains is slowly leaking out over several days. Would it be a reflexive verb in this case? 'El globo se está desinflando'? Muchas gracias.
  8. SolAguila

    SolAguila Senior Member

    El globo se está desinflando.... of its own. The helium in it leaks out slowly.
    I think you have to open a new thread to post this new question, a ver, ¿qué opinan?
  9. valdemar Senior Member

    Español mexicano
    I would never use 'desinchar' in this case. It is not idiomatic, at least not in Mexico. I would problably use 'desinchar' to mean that an insect bite, a rash, or maybe a welt is disappearing. In any case when the air of a balloon is let out or when the ballon is deflating, we can say: "El globo se está desinflando"="Se le está saliendo el aire (al globo)".

Share This Page