Desk equity

missega

France/French
Hi!

I have to help with the translation English to French of a report about finance and I must admit that finance and me don't go along so well...

So I have a few problems among those: "desk equity". Someone could give me a good equivalent in French?

[...]

Thanx in advance for your time and help :)

• Kelly B

USA English
    We'll need context to be helpful here, as this is not a familiar expression. I could guess, but I'd rather wait for a complete sentence. :)

(please note that your second post made your unanswered thread more difficult to find.)

missega

France/French
    Thank you Kelly for answering! I was actually afraid that my first post would be lost and forgotten since so many people write on this forum!...

The context is the description of an asset management company: the desk equity is composed by 2 asset managers, 3 people doing this, 2 people doing that, etc...

I hope this makes it easier.

Kelly B

USA English
    In this case, then, I suppose they're referring to these people as assets, or equity, rather like the phrase ressources humaines who work at desks (instead of sur le terrain.)Would calling them biens, for example, have a similar feel?

Moon Palace

French
    Just a guess: would 'personnes-ressources du bureau' bear the same meaning?
    As Kelly said, 'equity' here means 'value', what is resourceful, the capital / strength that makes the desk what it is. It is as if you were presenting the components of the desk, while saying they are its value.

seadew

English, USA
    I've never heard of desk equity but the equity desk is a department in an investment bank or asset management company that deals in stock trades. Perhaps this could make sense here. Cheers

missega

France/French
    Ohlala, yeah, seadew, you're right!! There was a mistake in the question and it's equity desk!! I'm sooo sorry :eek:
    If someone has a better idea how to translate that in French...? :eek:
    Very sorry again...

seadew

English, USA
    Hello again. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's "la table des actions" in French. Could a native speaker confirm this. I have not found any evidence for this on Google, but I used to work in an investment bank. Cheers

< Previous | Next >