Dessert comes.

diogerepus

Korean
Dessert comes.

Q1: Can this phrase 'Dessert comes' be used alone in the menu or in an ad?

Q2: Shouldn't it be used with another word or phrase like the following?
Dessert comes with a meal.

Q3: Or shouldn't it be used with a different verb to mean the same like the following?
Dessert (is) provided.
Dessert (is) included.

• tepatria

Canadian English
    I've never seen the phrase used alone like that. I makes me think of a large piece of cake or pie walking up to my table. If you mean that dessert is included in the price of the meal, dessert included is the correct phrase. Even saying dessert comes with the meal is okay, but doesn't make it clear that it is included in the price.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    "Dessert comes," however formidable or even ominous its ring, would not be easily understood even if read on a menu. Use "Includes dessert" or, if listed below the rest of the dishes, just "Dessert."

nichec

Chinese(Taiwan)/English(AE)
    Dessert comes.

Q1: Can this phrase 'Dessert comes' be used alone in the menu or in an ad?

Q2: Shouldn't it be used with another word or phrase like the following?
    Dessert comes with a meal.

Q3: Or shouldn't it be used with a different verb to mean the same like the following?
    Dessert (is) provided.
    Dessert (is) included.
    Your Q2 sounds very odd to me, don't we say "The set/meal/suit comes with a dessert"?

coiffe

USA
    American English
    I agree with everyone who has posted here so far.

I just wanted to say: I can only imagine "Dessert comes" as a self-sufficient sentence or statement in a very unusual situation, for example a list of stage directions:

Actors enter onstage.
    Mistress Quickly cracks a joke.
    Falstaff finishes dinner with wine.
    Dessert comes.

Even then, it's awkward. Anyone would prefer "Dessert arrives." Maybe in a novel where most of the main characters are fruits and vegetables, you might see an authorial intrusion such as the following:

"Then, in a scene which really does not bear re-telling, the following occurred. I give it in abbreviated form because I do not want to dwell long on this particular series of events:

Canteloupe enters.
    Broccoli altercates.
    Black beans gather.
    Corn cob screams.
    Steak vanishes.
    Dinner comes."

< Previous | Next >