...destroying the peace they'd found in life

Turkish
Hi, this quote is from the serial Legend of the seeker.

I realize in my prey of the spirits of the underworld, destroying the peace they'd found in life.
I couldn't manage to dismantle the sentence, so the meaning is obscure. How could it be said in other words?

Nunty

Modified
Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
It is not a complete sentence. Of the words at the end, is there one you don't understand?

Turkish
You mean subordinate clause? Yes, every word and phrase separetely comprehensible. But all together it doesn't sense anything to me. :)

Nunty

Modified
Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
No, I mean the entire "sentence" you presented, saying nothing is missing from it (I realize in my prey of the spirits of the underworld, destroying the peace they'd found in life) is not a complete sentence.

"...destroying the peace they'd found in life" means that "they" (whoever "they" may be) had found peace in life (while living? in their lives?) but whoever or whatever is the subject of this phrase is destroying that peace or did destroy it while doing something else.

It really would be helpful to have full context, a complete sentence and even one or two sentences before or after.

Turkish
I feared Kieran's vow, that he wouldn't rest, even in death. I realize in my prey
of the spirits of the underworld, destroying the peace they'd found in life. So I had to bind his spirit.
A magician is speaking. I hope this would help.

Oeco

English - US
I found the original TV script on-line (I hesitate to give the link as it is a real mess and opens a separate document for some reason). In context, this line still makes no sense to me. Here's what I could get following the line you quote:
If you had allowed his spirit to reunite with Vivian, then Kieran would've found peace and none of this would be happening! If you hadn't unbound Kieran, Kieran wouldn't be trying to reunite with Vivian now...

Oeco

English - US
For what it's worth, liber_arce's rendering of the line is accurate to the script. It may be a rendering of the spoken line. Or, as I suspect, sloppy writing.