Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by mmercedeez, Dec 20, 2012.

  1. mmercedeez New Member

    Spanish - Puerto Rico
    I am searching for the translation and definition of the word "devibrantizacion". I am translating a speech & language evaluation that states "devibrantizacion" as an error in phonological processes. It is not used in a sentence and I have never heard the word before today. Google and other search engines were not helpful. Please help!
  2. Chris K Senior Member

    Tacoma WA, US
    English / US
    A vibrant is something like a trilled speech sound, so "devibrantization" would be the process whereby a sound ceases to be trilled. Obviously it's not a common word (although I did find one instance of "vibrantization"), but I would think you'd just want to change the spelling of the final c to a t and leave it as is.
  3. mmercedeez New Member

    Spanish - Puerto Rico
    That makes complete sense. Thank you very much for your prompt response!

Share This Page