dick hits the f**king dirt

Pavel Pin

Telugu
Otis confronts Captain Spaulding for not coming on the right time:

Captain Spaulding: Hey! You got a problem with my timeframe, son, you best spit it out right now.
Otis: Yeah, I got a problem. I got a big f**king problem, bozo!
Captain Spaulding: Well, make your move, laddie, two hits. I hit you and your dick hits the f**king dirt.

What is the meaning of "dick hits the f**king dirt"?
Urban dictionary shows 6 meanings, which one suits here?

Source: The Devil's Rejects (2005)

• dmaxmccsimon

English-- Southern
    In this vernacular, the interesting question is, When you knock somebody down, does their penis in actuality impact the standing surface before the rest of their body? I think "dick" here is a form of metonomy (I think; I always get that confused with synecdoche). So, the intent is to say "you/your body will be rendered prone [id est, "face down"] once I've dealt a not inconsiderable blow." Or, to put it another way "Back off! Because you are cruising for a bruising."

Myridon

English - US
    I think "dick" here is a form of metonomy (I think; I always get that confused with synecdoche).
    I agree. If this were a drill instructor was ordering soldiers to do push-ups, it would mean face-down. In this particular case, I don't think Captain Spaulding cares which way he falls, he just means to hit him so hard that he falls down. He could have said "I hit you and you fall on your ass" to the same effect.

< Previous | Next >