Did they give you the same food for every meal while in quarantine?

yuechu

Canada, English
大家好!

I was recently talking to a friend in China who had to be in quarantine (I mean 被隔离 and stuck in a room)for quite a while because of some positive cases around him. He said that he didn't like the food. I wanted to ask him: "Did they give you the same food for every meal while in quarantine?".
Would anyone know how to say this in Chinese? (It doesn't have to be 直译。意译 is also good!)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
  • SuperXW

"Did they give you the same food for every meal while in quarantine?".
    "他们一天三顿都给你同样的饭吗?" or "他们(给你)每天三顿送的饭都是一样的吗?"
    (他们给你的)隔离餐每天都一样吗?
    Strictly speaking, every meal should be translated 每饭 (common) or 每餐饭 (formal).
    However, it is unlikely that the meals are totally the same for every breakfast, lunch and supper.
    So zhg's question would be more reasonable.

piano_mary

Chinese - Mandarin
    Strictly speaking, every meal should be translated 每饭 (common) or 每餐饭 (formal).
    However, it is unlikely that the meals are totally the same for every breakfast, lunch and supper.
    So zhg's question would be more reasonable.
    But actually, often when we say "每天三顿饭一样吗", what we wish to know is "每天的饭一样吗" instead of "早餐午餐晚餐是一样的吗". For, as you've said, "it is unlikely that the meals are totally the same for every breakfast, lunch, and supper", thus "每天三顿饭一样吗" itself implies that the person who asked that wasn't asking about whether there's no difference between breakfast, lunch, and supper, but whether the three meals seen as a whole are the same.

Anyway, in everyday life all the above expressions are acceptable.

SuperXW

But actually, often when we say "每天三顿饭一样吗", what we wish to know is "每天的饭一样吗" instead of "早餐午餐晚餐是一样的吗". For, as you've said, "it is unlikely that the meals are totally the same for every breakfast, lunch, and supper", thus "每天三顿饭一样吗" itself implies that the person who asked that wasn't asking about whether there's no difference between breakfast, lunch, and supper, but whether the three meals seen as a whole are the same.

Anyway, in everyday life all the above expressions are acceptable.
    I would think you are literally asking about the three meals. 三顿 increases ambiguity so it sounds a bit redundant.