Did we settle the issue?

EnglishBug

Chinese
I remember that one of my students needed to miss a quiz. He sent me an email about it and I told him what we were going to do. Then I forgot whether we followed up on the issue. One day I recall this and I asked the student:"Did we settle this issue?" Is that the correct way to ask the question? Thanks.

• Loob

English UK
    I remember that one of my students needed to miss a quiz. He sent me an email about it and I told him what we were going to do. Then I forgot whether we followed up on the issue. One day I recall this and I asked the student:"Did we settle this issue?" Is that the correct way to ask the question? Thanks.
    I'm not sure, EB:(.

Can you explain what you meant?

pops91710

English, AE
    If you mean did you follow up on giving the student a make-up quiz, I would say yes. In which case you might mean settle-up.

Hopefully you have all you need to back you up in case the student's answer is an attempt to fool you! ;)

< Previous | Next >