Didn't push it through

Bagsensei

Japanese
Hello, everyone.
We are having a project but due to some reasons it wasn't pushed through.
It was already started but we were not able to continue it.

If I want to inform someone about this. How do you say?
"The project wasn't pushed through." (I made this sentence but I'm not sure if it works well in the circumstance.)
Thank you.

• Bagsensei

Japanese
    Free Dictionary - push through:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/push+through

Bagsensei, is that what you mean? Did the project ever start?
    Thank you so much, Roxcyn. I am trying to figure out the meaning of "push through" in the link you have given.

The he project has been started but it wasn't finished. Is there any expressions that sounds more natural?

Can I use "push through" in the circumstance?

"We weren't able to push through the project."

roxcyn

USA
    American English [AmE]
    Maybe this sentence sounds better:
    We had started the project, but due to unforeseen circumstances, we didn't finish it.

zhonglin

Mandarin
    Hi folks,

Would it be better to say "the project did not continue"? How about this "our training did not continue yesterday" *to mean there was a scheduled training but the trainer did not show up.

Hi folks,

Would it be better to say "the project did not continue"? How about this "our training did not continue yesterday" *to mean there was a scheduled training but the trainer did not show up.
    Better alternatives: "We had to abandon/discontinue the project."

"Our training did not continue yesterday" is too vague. It just means the training stopped for an unstated reason.

It lack details, so it could never mean all the details you then proceed to state in, in "Our training did not continue yesterday because the trainer did did not show up." :) You'd have to write that whole thing out just as you did. (You're expecting way too much from just a simple "did not continue.":))

"Our training was cancelled yesterday because the trainer didn't show up" is probably how I'd say that."

< Previous | Next >