die Broschüre über den Kurs des Methodologie

< Previous | Next >

Misao

Zaragoza(Spain)- Spanish
Wenn Sie der folgende Satz lesen, verstehen Sie es??

Bitte, finden Sie zusammen die Broschüre über dem Kurs des Methodologie des Spanischenbildungswesen als Fremdsprache

Vielen dank in Voraus!!
:)

• mnzrob

Chicago English and German
    Misao said:
    Wenn Sie den folgenden Satz lesen, verstehen Sie ihn??

Bitte, finden Sie zusammen die Broschüre über den Kurs des Methodologie des Spanischenbildungswesen als Fremdsprache

Vielen dank in Voraus!!
    :)
    Hallo Misao,

Ich habe ein paar Fehler korrigiert, aber nein, ich verstehe den Satz nicht.
    Schickst du diese Brochüre an Jemanden, und willst sagen, "Enclosed, please find the brochure for..."??

Rob

Misao

Zaragoza(Spain)- Spanish
    mnzrob said:
    Hallo Misao,

Ich habe ein paar Fehler korrigiert, aber nein, ich verstehe den Satz nicht.
    Schickst du diese Brochüre an Jemanden, und willst sagen, "Enclosed, please find the brochure for..."??

Rob[/QUOTE

Hallo mnzrob, yes, it's as you say. It's about a Spanish course for foreing people the Valladolid University has programmed for next Summer.
    The Spanish sentence is:

"Tengo el gusto de enviarle adjunto el folleto sobre el Curso de Metodología de Enseñanza del Español como Lengua Extranjera que hemos programado desde el Centro de Idiomas de la Universidad de Valladolid"

Und meine Übersetzung ist:
    Bitte, finden Sie zusammen die Broschüre über den Kurs des Methodologie des Spanischenbildungswesen als Fremdsprache, den wir für diese Sommer vomSprachenzentrum des Universität Valladolid programmiert haben.

In fact, it does not make much sense even in Spanish...

Vielen Dank, anyway! :)

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Misao said:
    "Tengo el gusto de enviarle adjunto el folleto sobre el Curso de Metodología de Enseñanza del Español como Lengua Extranjera que hemos programado desde el Centro de Idiomas de la Universidad de Valladolid"

Und meine Übersetzung ist:
    In der Anlage finden Sie die Broschüre über den Kurs über die Methodologie des Unterrichts des Spanischen als Fremdsprache, den wir für diesen Sommer vom Sprachenzentrum der Universität Valladolid programmiert haben.

In fact, it does not make much sense even in Spanish...

Vielen Dank, anyway! :)
    Hier mein Versuch.

ingafstef

Germany / Spanish / English
    How about this translation? :) Ahora tiene sentido!

Als Anhang füge ich eine Broschüre über den Methodologiekurs für den Spanischunterricht "Spanisch als Fremdsprache", den wir für diesen Sommer im Sprachenzentrum der Universität Valladolid geplant haben, bei.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    Whodunit said:
    Lass es mich noch einmal verbessern:

In der Anlage finden Sie die Broschüre über den Methodolgiekurs des Spanischunterrichts als Fremdsprache, den wir für diesen Sommer vom Sprachenzentrum der Universität Valladolid geplant haben.
    Aber wieso macht man's klar, dass es um den Unterricht des Spanischen als Fremdsprache geht?

ingafstef

Elroy, these are courses given for non Spanish speaking immigrants and they exist in most of the countries. Germany has them, and we have them here in the US, they are called "English as a second language" and are given free to non English speaking immigrants by Community Colleges in almost every city. I think this is what this refers to.

:) Inga

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    ingafstef said:
    Elroy, these are courses given for non Spanish speaking immigrants and they exist in most of the countries. Germany has them, and we have them here in the US, they are called "English as a second language" and are given free to non English speaking immigrants by Community Colleges in almost every city. I think this is what this refers to.

:) Inga
    I realize that, Inga, but "Spanischunterricht" can also mean Spanish for speakers of the language, or perhaps advanced courses - the word in itself does not indicate the level or the audience being catered to. I was wondering if there was a way to express that the courses were designated to those that do not speak the language.

ingafstef

Elroy I don't know how it works in other countries, here it is understood because it is a requisite to have passed different levels of "English as a Second Language" in order to apply for US Citizenship. The fact that there is no tuition charge because it is for a working class level with low income also indicates that it is to aid and help to learn the language of the country they have chosen to live in.
    Now why am I writing English to you? I believe your German is as perfect as is mine.
    Well, next time!
    Take care,
    Inga

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    ingafstef said:
    Elroy I don't know how it works in other countries, here it is understood because it is a requisite to have passed different levels of "English as a Second Language" in order to apply for US Citizenship. The fact that there is no tuition charge because it is for a working class level with low income also indicates that it is to aid and help to learn the language of the country they have chosen to live in.
    Now why am I writing English to you? I believe your German is as perfect as is mine.
    Well, next time!
    Take care,
    Inga
    That's all well and good, Inga, but we can't assume all of that just from the single sentence we have. I guess it depends on context, though. Maybe the letter or mailing in which the brochure is included indicates somehow that the courses are for second-language learners. Just to be on the safe side, though, I would personally want to make it crystal clear what kind of courses were being offered.

Wir können natürlich auf Deutsch unterhalten! :D Ich zweifle zwar dran, ob mein Deutsch so gut wie deins ist, es ist allerdings immer hilfreich, die Sprachen die man gelernt hat zu üben! ;)

gaer

US-English
    elroy said:
    That's all well and good, Inga, but we can't assume all of that just from the single sentence we have. I guess it depends on context, though. Maybe the letter or mailing in which the brochure is included indicates somehow that the courses are for second-language learners. Just to be on the safe side, though, I would personally want to make it crystal clear what kind of courses were being offered.

Wir können natürlich auf Deutsch unterhalten! :D Ich zweifle zwar dran, ob mein Deutsch so gut wie deins ist, es ist allerdings immer hilfreich, die Sprachen die man gelernt hat zu üben! ;)
    My understanding of Spanish is VERY weak, but if I am understanding correctly, this is a course scheduled at a language center of a university, and it seems to be a course about teching Spanish. Furthermore, it seems pretty clear to me that the course is about how to teach Spanish to people who do not speak Spanish as their native language.

Am I missing something here? To me it would have to include this in the German translation, the idea that it is not about teaching Spanish to anyone.

Gaer

gaer

US-English
    Whodunit said:
    Lass es mich noch einmal verbessern:

In der Anlage finden Sie die Broschüre über den Methodolgiekurs des Spanischunterrichts als Fremdsprache, den wir für diesen Sommer vom Sprachenzentrum der Universität Valladolid geplant haben.
    Who, I also don't understand why you have elminated the whole idea of Spanish as a foreign language, second language, etc. But the rest looks fine to me.

Gaer

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    elroy said:
    Aber wieso macht man's dann klar, dass es um den Unterricht des Spanischen als Fremdsprache geht?
    gaer said:
    Who, I also don't understand why you have elminated the whole idea of Spanish as a foreign language, second language, etc. But the rest looks fine to me.
    Hm, hard question, because I don't even know where to start. Let me tell you something I've already read somewhere:

If you offered "Deutsch als Fremdsprache" in a brochure, you'd mean, for instance, that you offer all the foreigners these lessons, who immigrated to Germany, and don't know the German language yet. But if you all want, I can offer you a better understandable version:

In der Anlage finden Sie die Broschüre über den Methodolgiekurs des Unterrichts für Spanisch als Fremdsprache, den wir für diesen Sommer vom Sprachenzentrum der Universität Valladolid geplant haben.

ingafstef

Hi Gear, your translation -as always- is correct and clear, one point though, it is either "fuer das Sprachzentrum" or "im Sprachzentrum". I suppose this is the language school at the university. Correct me if I am wrong - corrigeme por favor si me equivoque - korregieren Sie mich bitte, sollte dies nicht korrekt sein.
    Thanks!
    Inga

Whodunit

ingafstef said:
    Hi Gear, your translation -as always- is correct and clear, one point though, it is either "fuer das Sprachzentrum" or "im Sprachzentrum". I suppose this is the language school at the university. Correct me if I am wrong - corrigeme por favor si me equivoque - korrigiert mich bitte, sollte dies nicht korrekt sein.
    Thanks!
    Inga
    There's no need to be corrected.

Jule

Germany/ German
    Meint ihr nicht, dass Sprachenzentrum der korrekte Begriff wäre, und nicht Sprachzentrum.
    Sprachzentrum ist (IMHO) eine Gehirnregion, reden wir jedoch über eine Einrichtung/Institut, welches sich mit Sprachen auseinandersetzt - dann würde ich für Sprachenzentrum plädieren.

Jule

Jule

Germany/ German
    mmmhh....völlig richtig, aber dennoch habe ich extem viele Links bei Google zu diversen Sprachenzentren gefunden.
    Eigentlich wollte ich den Link zu den Ergebnissen meiner Suche bei Google einfügen, aber jedesmal wenn ich den Link einfüge bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung (Help, please!).:confused:

Offensichtlich scheinen beide Versionen in Gebrauch zu sein. Was rät uns denn der Duden????

Jule

Whodunit

Jule said:
    mmmhh....völlig richtig, aber dennoch habe ich extem viele Links bei Google zu diversen Sprachenzentren gefunden.
    Eigentlich wollte ich den Link zu den Ergebnissen meiner Suche bei Google einfügen, aber jedesmal wenn ich den Link einfüge bekomme ich eine Fehlermeldung (Help, please!).:confused:

Offensichtlich scheinen beide Versionen in Gebrauch zu sein. Was rät uns denn der Duden????

Jule
    Hm, du könntest laut Duden Recht haben:

Sprachenzentrum (gibt es nicht)
    Sprachzentrum (Teil des Gehirns)

Aber Google korrigiert ja auch "Sprachzentrum" zu "Sprachenzentrum", wobei beide eine Anstalt (laut Duden), wo Sprachen gefördert werden, bezeichnen.

gaer

US-English
    ingafstef said:
    Hi Gear, your translation -as always- is correct and clear, one point though, it is either "fuer das Sprachzentrum" or "im Sprachzentrum". I suppose this is the language school at the university. Correct me if I am wrong - corrigeme por favor si me equivoque - korregieren Sie mich bitte, sollte dies nicht korrekt sein.
    Thanks!
    Inga
    Hi Inga:

vom Sprachzentrum

This was Who's translation, I think, right? I never dispute German usage with our German native-speakers! ;)

Or did I miss your point?

Gaer

gaer

US-English
    Jule said:

Jule
    Jule, I'm not sure if someone else told you this. When you reach a certain amount of posts, you can past links in your answers. I SHOULD know what that number is, but I don't think you are too far away!

Gaer

gaer

US-English
    Whodunit said:
    Hm, du könntest laut Duden Recht haben:

Sprachenzentrum (gibt es nicht)
    Sprachzentrum (Teil des Gehirns)

Aber Google korrigiert ja auch "Sprachzentrum" zu "Sprachenzentrum", wobei beide eine Anstalt (laut Duden), wo Sprachen gefördert werden, bezeichnen.
    Who,

Could "Sprachenzentrum" perhaps be a later addition to Duden? And am I understanding this correctly if I assume that "Sprachzentrum" may be used for the brain and not for a "center for languages"?

Gaer

Whodunit

gaer said:
    Who,

Could "Sprachenzentrum" perhaps be a later addition to Duden? And am I understanding this correctly if I assume that "Sprachzentrum" may be used for the brain and not for a "center for languages"?

Gaer
    Yes, you're right. But my Duden is the newest (23. Auflage --- look it up on Google), and I never doubted it could be wrong what it says. "Sprachenzentrum" really isn't listed in it.

gaer

US-English
    Whodunit said:
    Yes, you're right. But my Duden is the newest (23. Auflage --- look it up on Google), and I never doubted it could be wrong what it says. "Sprachenzentrum" really isn't listed in it.
    I suppose Duden can't contain all possible useful compounds! :)

Gaer

Misao

Zaragoza(Spain)- Spanish
    Wow...

I didn't expect so much...people discussing about "Spanisch als Fremdsprache"
    Anyway, I thank you all your interest. I'm sorry, I've been out all the weekend withouth the possibility of gaining access to Internet...
    And I would like to add that there's no more context as the one I gave before".

It is a letter from the Valladolid University to an unknown person, by the way, including an enclosed document which turns to be the broschure of this course. As far as I know, this course is for teachers who gives this kind of course,this case, Spanish for foreingers, about how to teach a language for non-native speakers.

And, as my German is not very good, I would like to know If I should use "Sprachenzentrum" or "Sprachzentrum" in my translation.

Oh! one more thing, I cannot omit "Spanisch als Fremdsprache", since they are the key words of the course.

Muchísimas gracias a todos!!! :) :)

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    Misao said:
    Wow...

I didn't expect so much...people discussing about "Spanisch als Fremdsprache"
    Anyway, I thank you all your interest. I'm sorry, I've been out all the weekend withouth the possibility of gaining access to Internet...
    And I would like to add that there's no more context as the one I gave before".

It is a letter from the Valladolid University to an unknown person, by the way, including an enclosed document which turns to be the broschure of this course. As far as I know, this course is for teachers who gives this kind of course,this case, Spanish for foreingers, about how to teach a language for non-native speakers.

And, as my German is not very good, I would like to know If I should use "Sprachenzentrum" or "Sprachzentrum" in my translation.

Oh! one more thing, I cannot omit "Spanisch als Fremdsprache", since they are the key words of the course.

Muchísimas gracias a todos!!! :) :)
    Then I would go with our most up-to-date translation so far:

In der Anlage finden Sie die Broschüre über den Methodolgiekurs des Unterrichts für Spanisch als Fremdsprache, den wir für diesen Sommer vom Sprach(en)zentrum der Universität Valladolid geplant haben.
    Of course, you'd have to settle the Sprach(en)zentrum debate, which I unfortunately can't help with. I can't really tell you which one is preferable! :)

ingafstef

Hi there, Good Morning!
    I believe the last one would be the most correct one making one little correction. I have corrected it for you, but it appears with the same error again: Methodologiekurs instead of Methodolgiekurs. Then to overcome the debate about Sprach- or Sprachenzentrum, I think Sprachenzentrum is the correct word. Here is my logic for it:
    Sprach is ein Tatwort in der Vergangenheit (best way I can explain it) dagegen Sprachen ist das Hauptwort welches ein Teil des zweiten Hauptwortes Zentrum ist, also es sind zwei Hauptwoerter zusammengefuegt: Sprachenzentrum.
    Corrigenme si estoy equivocada, pero creo que esto es correcto, soy mujer y nosotros siempre tenemos la razon aun aqui mis amigos. :))

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    ingafstef said:
    Hi there, Good Morning!
    I believe the last one would be the most correct one making one little correction. I have corrected it for you, but it appears with the same error again: Methodologiekurs instead of Methodolgiekurs. Then to overcome the debate about Sprach- or Sprachenzentrum, I think Sprachenzentrum is the correct word. Here is my logic for it:
    Sprach is ein Tatwort in der Vergangenheit (best way I can explain it) dagegen Sprachen ist das Hauptwort welches ein Teil des zweiten Hauptwortes Zentrum ist, also es sind zwei Hauptwoerter zusammengefuegt: Sprachenzentrum.
    Corrigenme si estoy equivocada, pero creo que esto es correcto, soy mujer y nosotros siempre tenemos la razon aun aqui mis amigos. :))
    Haha, qué lógica! ;)

Misao

Zaragoza(Spain)- Spanish
    ingafstef said:
    Hi there, Good Morning!
    Corrijanme si estoy equivocada, pero creo que esto es correcto, soy mujer y nosotras siempre tenemos la razon aun aqui mis amigos. :))

Danke schön, Inga :) Ich habe dich korrigiert...:eek: y, sí, nosotras siempre tenemos razón, pero dejamos que ellos crean que la tienen...jeje...
    So, Sprachenzentrum :D

< Previous | Next >