die mir geantwortet hat

L'irlandais

Ireland: English-speaking ♂
Following on from some earlier discussions, I'm getting to the next step in my job-search.

I wish to say the following in German, but am pretty sure I'm not using the correct conjugation.
Sehr geehrte Frau XY,
vielen Dank für den Vorstellungstermin gestern.
Wie vereinbart schicke ich Ihnen die Namensliste die Firmen die mir geantwortet hat.
Excuse me if that sounds a little like proofreading.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Hamlet2508

English
    Sehr geehrte Frau XY !

Vielen Dank für den Vorstellungstermin gestern.
    Wie vereinbart schicke ich Ihnen die Namensliste der (Plural genitive) Firmen , die mir geantwortet haben.(matched to Firmen, needs to be plural)

Regarding punctuation I'd put an exclamation mark instead of a comma since it's a formal letter.
    regards.

Edit: You could even use Liste instead of Namensliste because if you send on the list she's got the names of the firms on it as well. Mind you , just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

L'irlandais

Hallo Hamlet,
    Alles klar. Danke für die schnelle Antwort.
    I guess if English members are correcting my German, then I'd better consider doing further German courses. ;)
    Thanks for the punctuation tip as well. Namenliste it is since I've already emailed the lady.
    Cheers!

L'irlandais

To date I have only done Grundstufe 1 A & 1 B Which represents about 120 hours of evening classes.
    Add to that 60 hours of Swiss German study, which appears to have entirely undone my command of the German language. :eek:
    Some serious study, may be the order of the day, very soon.

< Previous | Next >