Difference between جاعل and أجعل

frd.gls

اردو
Hello
What is difference between إني جاعلٌ (في الأرض خليفة) and إني أجعلُ in terms of Time. The first sentence is a nominal sentence (جملة إسمية) and the second one is verb phrase (جملة فعلية).
Actually What is difference between nominal and verb sentences in terms of Time? Does nominal sentences include past, present and future? Unlike verb phrases which have certain forms of time.
Who can explain this?
Thank you very much.

• Romeel

Arabic
    Hello
    What is difference between إني جاعلٌ (في الأرض خليفة) and إني أجعلُ in terms of Time. The first sentence is a nominal sentence (جملة إسمية) and the second one is verb phrase (جملة فعلية).
    Actually What is difference between nominal and verb sentences in terms of Time?

The nominal sentence indicates stability and is not related to time unless its خبر is an verb sentence!

محمد وسيم

Mohamd is beautiful in the past present and future.
    Does nominal sentences include past, present and future? Unlike verb phrases which have certain forms of time.
    Who can explain this?
    Except when the خبر is a verb sentence like
    الطالب يذهب إلى المدرسة
    الطالب =مبتدأ
    يذهب إلى المدرسة = جملة فعلية تدل على زمن الحاضر وهي في محل رفع خبر للطالب
    A verb sentence indicating the present tense and it is خبر for طالب
    Thank you very much.
    You are welcome

frd.gls

اردو
    Romeel
    Thank you very much.

The nominal sentence indicates stability and is not related to time unless its خبر is an verb sentence!

محمد وسيم

Mohamd is beautiful in the past present and future.

Except when the خبر is a verb sentence like
    الطالب يذهب إلى المدرسة
    الطالب =مبتدأ
    يذهب إلى المدرسة = جملة فعلية تدل على زمن الحاضر وهي في محل رفع خبر للطالب
    A verb sentence indicating the present tense and it is خبر for طالب

You are welcome

frd.gls

اردو
    Romeel
    What do you think about this sentence in term of time: حسنٌ مريضٌ. This nominal sentence with nominal khabar (خبر) refers to present not past not future. You said nominal sentences indicate stability and not related to time.

Romeel

Arabic
    Romeel
    What do you think about this sentence in term of time: حسنٌ مريضٌ. This nominal sentence with nominal khabar (خبر) refers to present not past not future. You said nominal sentences indicate stability and not related to time.
    I do not see in this sentence any connection with time, I do not understand from it except that Hassan is sick, he is sick now but was he sick in the past we don't know

frd.gls

اردو
    RomeelI
    Let me ask my question in another way:
    How can prove God is جاعلٌ for past, present and future due to the sentence إني جاعلٌ?
    If it is proven because it is a nominal sentence, then why the nominal sentence حسن مریض only refers to present not necessarily past or future (I mean حسن maybe not sick at past or future). Why اني جاعل refers to past, present and future?
    Thank you very much.

I do not see in this sentence any connection with time, I do not understand from it except that Hassan is sick, he is sick now but was he sick in the past we don't know

Romeel

Arabic
    RomeelI
    Let me ask my question in another way:
    How can prove God is جاعلٌ for past, present and future due to the sentence إني جاعلٌ?
    If it is proven because it is a nominal sentence, then why the nominal sentence حسن مریض only refers to present not necessarily past or future (I mean حسن maybe not sick at past or future). Why اني جاعل refers to past, present and future?
    Thank you very much.
    I didn't know that it tells about the past?!! What I know it's either tells about current or future time, but again we don't know!!!

Let's take another example away from Quran, so we avoid making a mistake with the interpretation of the Qur'an..

إِنِّي ضَارِبٌ زَيْدًا

This means that I'm either hitting Zaid now or I will hit Zaid in the future. It is as simple as that

Last edited:

frd.gls

اردو
    Ok thank you very much

I didn't know that it tells about the past?!! What I know it's either tells about current or future time, but again we don't know!!!

Let's take another example away from Quran, so we avoid making a mistake with the interpretation of the Qur'an..

إِنِّي ضَارِبٌ زَيْدًا

This means that I'm either hitting Zaid now or I will hit Zaid in the future. It is as simple as that

Romeel

Arabic
    Ok thank you very much
    No problem...

Just one more thing, When I say إِنِّي ضَارِبٌ زَيْدًا in the sense that I intend to hit Zaid at the first opportunity I see him, but I may see him and cannot carry out what I intended to do for any reason. This is not the case with God when he says إني جاعلٌ!!

I hope it is clear to you what I want to say..

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    @Romeel, An Arabic grammar source in English (whose name unfortunately I did not write in my notes), says that...

"Participles are adjectives - Active and passive participles can both have perfect and imperfect meanings....

کاتب - One who has written / one who writes / one who will write / a writer

ضارب - One who has hit / one who hits / one who will hit / one who can hit

مشروب - Something that is drunk / can be drunk / drinkable / worthy of drinking / a drink

لا آتیک مجرماً - I shall not come to as one who has committed a crime (a criminal).

عندنا غرفة محجوزة لک - We have a room (that has been) reserved for you.

Obviously, context will tell us whether the meaning is to be taken in the past, present or future. In the case of جاعل context in the Holy Qur'an tells us that the meaning to be taken is the near future....I am going to make....

Romeel

Arabic
    @Romeel, An Arabic grammar source in English (whose name unfortunately I did not write in my notes), says that...

"Participles are adjectives - Active and passive participles can both have perfect and imperfect meanings....

کاتب - One who has written / one who writes / one who will write / a writer

ضارب - One who has hit / one who hits / one who will hit / one who can hit

مشروب - Something that is drunk / can be drunk / drinkable / worthy of drinking / a drink

لا آتیک مجرماً - I shall not come to as one who has committed a crime (a criminal).

عندنا غرفة محجوزة لک - We have a room (that has been) reserved for you.

Obviously, context will tell us whether the meaning is to be taken in the past, present or future.
    Don't look at abstract words, but look at sentences.

أين الكاتب؟
    هذا هو الكاتب الذي ألف القصة!

كاتب above not the same when using it in sentences like

إني كاتبٌ قصة
    أو
    كاتبٌ مشهورٌ

In the case of جاعل context in the Holy Qur'an tells us that the meaning to be taken is the near future....I am going to make....
    Time with God is immeasurable, and divine verbs are not comparable to human verbs . For example, the Almighty says: "أتى أمر الله فلا تستعجلوه" so how he said command has come, then he says do not rush it?! This because He is the God and nothing will stop his command!

Last edited:

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Don't look at abstract words, but look at sentences.

أين الكاتب؟
    هذا هو الكاتب الذي ألف القصة!

كاتب above not the same when using it in sentences like

إني كاتبٌ قصة
    I know.

I was merely trying to point out that اسم الفاعل and اسم المفعول have past, present and future connotations.

قاتل is a murderer / someone who has killed a person

مقتول murdered individual / one who has been killed

الله خالق الأرض Allah is the creator of the world / Allah has created the world.

فاطر السمٰوٰت والأرض The creator of the heavens and the earth / He who has created the heavens and the earth.

mahfuz1966

Arabic
    Hello
    Actually What is difference between nominal and verb sentences in terms of Time? Does nominal sentences include past, present and future? Unlike verb phrases which have certain forms of time.
    Who can explain this?
    Thank you very much.
    جاعل
    adjective of the subject : Maker
    gerund: Making
    أجعل
    verb : To make