dimensionándose sus efectos a partir de...

daniluis

English
Hola, buenas tardes. "Dimensionar" a verb that always trips me up. Could I get some opinions on what the author's intention may have been in using this verb? If a legal article is found to be unconstitutional, one would think it would be repealed and, therefore, the effects would be null and void, but dimensionar seems to indicate the opposite, at least according to the RAE.
Here's the original:
"Mediante resolución de la Sala Constitucional, se declaró inconstitucional este artículo, dimensionándose sus efectos a partir de la entrada en vigor, sin perjuicio de los derechos adquiridos de buena fe".
Gracias de antemano!

• Joe Esquire

Spanish Spain- English US
    “Dimensionar” refers to the attempt to define the application of the ruling in question in terms of reach, effect, time and breadth. (Narrow or broad application, effective immediately, prospectively or retroactively, for example, as some of the possible “dimensions”).

In your frase, it is purely defining the effective date of the ruling prospectively.

See below the usage by the Supreme Court of Costa Rica.

Regards,

je

https://salaprimera.poder-judicial....de_la_jurisprudencia_sobre_empleo_publico.pdf

daniluis

English
    “Dimensionar” refers to the attempt to define the application of the ruling in question in terms of reach, effect, time and breadth. (Narrow or broad application, effective immediately, prospectively or retroactively, for example, as some of the possible “dimensions”).

In your frase, it is purely defining the effective date of the ruling prospectively.

See below the usage by the Supreme Court of Costa Rica.

Regards,

je

https://salaprimera.poder-judicial....de_la_jurisprudencia_sobre_empleo_publico.pdf
    Thanks Joe, so in your understanding the efectos are the effects of the ruling, not the article being declared unconstitutional. I had assumed the latter, which is what confused me. I appreciate your input.