diminutive for "диск"

• Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    Hello there, Setwale Charm! :)
    I believe what you're looking for is: СиДи Ром. :D :p ;)

EDIT: Oh, no! wait! Sorry, you said "diminutive". Erm, okay in that case; дискетка. No? I wouldn't have said it was weird at all.. Perhaps you were thinking of a different one, though.

Anatoli

Native: русский (Russian), home country: English
    Hi!
    Is there any way of creating a diminutive form of this word? I think I heard somebody say that and it sounded pretty weird to me but it did not register beyond the fact, in other words, I cannot remember what it was.
    No-one uses diminutive for "диск", if I had to make one up, it would sound weird - "дискик" :cross: Don't use it. It has no bad meaning but doesn't sound good.

übermönch

World - 1.German, 2.Russian, 3.English
    Hi!
    Is there any way of creating a diminutive form of this word? I think I heard somebody say that and it sounded pretty weird to me but it did not register beyond the fact, in other words, I cannot remember what it was.
    I cannot imagine a proper diminutive for 'disk', however there very well are ones widely used for CDs- Sidish-(-ka -ochka etc.) and disquettes- Disket-(-ka -ochka etc.)... are you sure it was just a 'disk'? If it was, I'm, too, quite intrigued about it. :)

Trina

Australia (English)
    Дискотека is the Russian for disco, dancing party.
    Yes, I knew Дискотека was similar to the English word discotheque
    but I couldn't find Дискотек in my dictionary but found it used a lot when I googled.
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hs=...ial_s&q=дискоТек+definition&btnG=Search&meta=

My Russian has almost disappeared but I keep following this forum hoping that I might get some of it back through osmosis.:rolleyes: Yes, dream on, I know...

papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    ...My Russian has almost disappeared but I keep following this forum hoping that I might get some of it back through osmosis...
    :D

I'll start the infusion with a bit of grammar: дискотек not a new word but genitive plural of дислотека (roughly equivalent to of discotecs), so when you google and find

...завсегдатаи ночных клубов и дискотек...
    now you know where they actually go.

cyanista

законодательница мод
    NRW
    Belarusian/Russian
    Hi!
    I've got a brand new theory for ya. Perhaps it wasn't a tender name but rather a "cool" slang word? I could imagine someone calling it "дисюк "or "дисак". Or сидюк for that part. Not that I ever heard it but I wouldn't have problems recognizing it in certain contexts: Ты чё, зажал сидюк, да? Не, дисак не катит, в натуре. etc. :D

Crescent

Russian, (Ukraine)
    Not that I ever heard it but I wouldn't have problems recognizing it in certain contexts: Ты чё, зажал сидюк, да? Не, дисак не катит, в натуре. etc. :D
    Oh, I certainly would!! (have trouble recognising it, I meant :p) I have never heard of any such thing...and if I did (or when I did, read your post, that is) the first thought that came to be was of some kind of big, smelly fish... Сидюк.. :D :D I don't know why!
    Ну а вообще-то, очень забавная идея! :) :p

karuna

Latvian, Latvia
    In female speech? :p What on Earth do you mean? Couldn't men say this, too? :p
    Maybe, if they are speaking to small children but otherwise it would sound quite strange. Of course, I cannot vouch for Russian but this kind of deminutive is becoming quite popular among Latvian girls (= diskucis :) ).

< Previous | Next >