Direct air power to the ground

clemrubiks

français
Hi!
"To direct air power to the ground" Does this sentence makes any sense for English native speakers?
I'm looking for a way to express the action of orienting (decision and coordination process) the power of the air force to support ground operations.
If anybody has any idea.
Thank you for your help!
Clément

• Andygc

British English
    It's not a sentence, so it is not clear what you are trying to say. Please provide a complete sentence, and perhaps some further explanation. I wouldn't use the word "orienting" when discussing air support to ground forces. And there's also the need to clarify the type of air support you are talking about - close air support, interdiction, transport, air superiority.

clemrubiks

français
    Thank you for helping!

I'm trying to find a short sentence to describe the ability of a team/unit to utilize airpower in order to produce all kind of effects on the ground (i.e. close air support, strategic precision strike, air mobility, ...). In the US air force, the "Special Tactics teams" do this kind of job.

I was also thinking of "deliver airpower into the battle" or "bring airpower into the battle".

I would like to use a verb implying a movement, that's why I though of "direct airpower to the ground".

Ty

Clément

Andygc

British English
    I'm still not clear what you are trying to say. USAF special tactics teams are a relatively small subset of a large organisation. The role of air power in a land battle is wide ranging and extends well beyond close air support. That role can't be expressed in one short sentence.

< Previous | Next >