direct appeal (fundraising)

< Previous | Next >

Wisconsinite

English United States
Hi foristas,

Maybe you can help me out. . .

I'm trying to translate "The PTO's direct appeal letters were sent home over the last few weeks."

I'm pretty sure that "direct appeal" is a type of fundraising campaign where you ask for money directly. As opposed to selling something, or having an event, or silent auction, or banquet, etc., direct appeal means just asking people for money to support a cause or organization.

Is there a term for this type of fundraising in Spanish?

My attempt:
Las cartas de la campaña de recaudar fondos por medio de petición directa se han enviado a casa durante las últimas semanas.

• Filis Cañí

Banned
    Triana, caló
    The letters were sent home? Did they behave badly?

Las cartas para la campaña de recaudación de fondos por petición directa se mandaron durante las últimas semanas.

Wisconsinite

English United States
    The letters did not behave badly. LOL.

Do you just think its funny, or do you think it's wrong to say "se han enviado a casa" for "were sent home"?

Sidol

Spanish (ES) - Canaries
    In that context, I'd better say "se enviaron a domicilio" for "were sent home"

Filis Cañí

Banned
    Triana, caló
    The letters did not behave badly. LOL.

Do you just think its funny, or do you think it's wrong to say "se han enviado a casa" for "were sent home"?
    "To be sent home" is an English expression, and that's what I found funny. In Spanish, "se han enviado a casa" only means that all of the letters have been sent to the speaker's house.

< Previous | Next >