...directly related to architecture, however can give you much...

atakeris

Latvian
Hello,

While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics, which sometimes aren’t directly related to architecture, however can give you much food for thought.

Am I suing the "however" conjunction right?

• veggie21

English England
    No, the last part of your sentence doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure what you mean.

veggie21

English England
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics which, although not always directly related to architecture, can, however, give you much food for thought.
    can give you much food for thought.
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics, which sometimes aren’t directly related to architecture, they can, however, give you much food for thought.

atakeris

Latvian
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics which, although not always directly related to architecture, can, however, give you much food for thought.
    can give you much food for thought.
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics, which sometimes aren’t directly related to architecture, they can, however, give you much food for thought.
    Is it possible to use just the 'Yet' or 'but' conjunctions in my original sentence? Would that make sense? I want to avoid an independent clause and make sentence as short as possible.
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics, which sometimes aren’t directly related to architecture yet/but can give you much food for thought.

veggie21

English England
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics which sometimes aren’t directly related to architecture yet/but can give you much food for thought.

I think this is fine - yet or but

atakeris

Latvian
    While others dig deeper into a wider range of topics which sometimes aren’t directly related to architecture yet/but can give you much food for thought.

I think this is fine - yet or but
    Oh, now I understand the problem. I though that "however" can work as a conjunction in the same way as Yet or But.

One question, why do you omit the comma before the which? Can I go with the comma?

< Previous | Next >