dirt between the toes

Doppelrahmstufe

Austria, German
Is there a (colloquial) term for the "dirt between the toes"?

In Austria it is called Zechnkas which means literally toe cheese

PS: I suppose you all wash your feet, but even though you could know if there is a word :)

• Chaska Ñawi

Canadian English
    Whoooo knew? I've never heard this expression in any language, not that the subject is regularly discussed.

Now that I think about it, the closest we've gotten to the subject is to tell our kids to wash their feet before they start sprouting potatoes.

Doppelrahmstufe

Austria, German
    It's also toe cheese in AE, and I suppose it's a combination of dirt and skin cells.

Yes, that is what I mean. A mixture of dirt, skin cells, fluff of socks and sweat:)

How would I say to remove it?

"To pick toe cheese." ? (Similar to pick the nose?)

(...this topic is really a little bit embarassing :rolleyes:)

cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Affirmative statement: Clean between your toes. Be sure to get all the toe cheese out.

Negative statement: Stop picking your toes. If your feet are dirty, take a shower and wash them.

AngelEyes

English - United States
    We Americans are a peanut butter-loving crowd.

We call it: "toe-jam."

:)

AngelEyes

liliput

U.K. English
    I've heard "toe-cheese" before. Dirty feet certainly smell more like cheese than jam.
    "Stop picking your toe-cheese all over the sofa."
    I have a feeling I've read "toe-nail cheese" before too - a specific toe-cheese from beneath the nails.

Musical Chairs

Japan & US, Japanese & English
    Wait...I've heard "toe jam" but I don't think it should be called "jam" when you just have lint from your socks between them. Then what are they called?