Disconnect or detach

< Previous | Next >

DanielSalehi

Persian
Hi,

How would say this in English when someone has not been involved any English courses and studies for a long time and now he is going get back on the track?! Is is supposed to be *I've been disconnected with English** or detached from. Please let me know if there are any other ways to say that!
.thanks

• owlman5

English-US
    Hi, Daniel. A common way to say this is "My English is rusty now." That tells people that you haven't been using English for a while and that you probably aren't as fluent at the moment as you were when you were using the language more frequently.

You can also say that you are "out of practice" with your English. That phrase will tell listeners exactly the same thing that you tell them when you say that your English is rusty.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I'd endorse owlman's suggestion of being "out of practice". :)

Neither "disconnected" nor "detached from" work at all in that context.

DanielSalehi

Persian
    Than
    Hi, Daniel. A common way to say this is "My English is rusty now." That tells people that you haven't been using English for a while and that you probably aren't as fluent at the moment as you were when you were using the language more frequently.

You can also say that you are "out of practice" with your English. That phrase will tell listeners exactly the same thing that you tell them when you say that your English is rusty.[/QUOT

Great !! Thanks a lot❤

< Previous | Next >