Disculpa las molestias

kinai

Spain Spanish
¿Como se diría disculpa las molestias al escribir una carta? ¿Podría ser Sorry for the inconveniences? ¿Hay alguna otra forma?

Gracias.

Kinai.

• skyskape

American English, Puerto Rican Spanish
    Thanks Scotu, those translations are great! I feel like they could be improved just a little bit though.

Formal: We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    (we typically don't pluralize words like "inconvenience")

-or- Sorry to have inconvenienced you.

Informal: Sorry if I have inconvenienced you.
    (the use of "have" and the verb "inconvenienced" makes this sound formal)

Sorry if I bothered you.

-or- Sorry to bother you.
    Sorry about the trouble./Sorry about that.

Which one you end up using definitely depends on the situation. For instance, the last one I'd only say with a friend.

liquidblue02

english
    Hi, I know this thread is a little old now, but I was wonder whether there is a difference between 'disculpa la molestia' and 'disculpa las molestias'? That is, does it make a difference whether you use 'molestia' in the plural or not?

Also, is 'disculpa' functioning as the imperative in this context?

Yo sé que este diálogo es un poco viejo ya, pero tengo duda, hay una differencia entre 'discupla la molestia' y 'discupla las molestias'? Es decir, hace una differencia si 'molestia' es en el plural o no?

También, en este contexto 'disculpa' funciona como el imperativo?

mrs-fangirl

Spanish - Mexico
    Hi, I know this thread is a little old now, but I was wonder whether there is a difference between 'disculpa la molestia' and 'disculpa las molestias'? That is, does it make a difference whether you use 'molestia' in the plural or not?

Also, is 'disculpa' functioning as the imperative in this context?

Yo sé que este diálogo es un poco viejo ya, pero tengo duda, hay una differencia entre 'discupla la molestia' y 'discupla las molestias'? Es decir, hace una differencia si 'molestia' es en el plural o no?

También, en este contexto 'disculpa' funciona como el imperativo?
    Hi, I know this is old too, but hope I can help you.

The difference between "disculpa la molestia" and "disculpa las molestias" (besides the first one is singular and the other is plural) is that generally the first one is only used at the beginning of a sentence. Is like a polite way to ask for help, like "Sorry, but… can you help me with something?" The second one is more often used as an apology for "cause trouble" to a person who helped you; so, when someone help you with more than one thing you use "disculpa las molestias" and if is only one thing you say "disculpa la molestia"

And I don't get what you mean with "imperativo", sorry about that.

< Previous | Next >