dispositif de réception

Brown Owl

British English
I am translating a legal document which lists items that are included in the sale of a house - can anyone help me with an accurate translation of the following:

le dispositif de réception de télévision

Is this referring to the aerial on the roof of a house, the aerial socket in the wall, or perhaps even the digibox/sky box?

Thanks in advance

• Kecha

French (France)
    I would expect this to mean the aerial and aerial socket, as people usually rent or paid their broadband box and they take it with them when they leave.

Brown Owl

British English
    Thanks for your reply, sorry it took me so long to find it again!

Perhaps, a translation could be 'television reception device'? Though 'device' sounds funny here

almufadado

Português de Portugal
    Thanks for your reply, sorry it took me so long to find it again!

Perhaps, a translation could be 'television reception device'? Though 'device' sounds funny here
    "Device" applies to the means by which the tv signal is received. It can be an indoor or outdoor aerial antenna, but also, a cable tv box or even a legal or nonlegal descramble, satellite dish system, and so on.

Is also common to say "a receptor of satellite tv signal".

In technical lingo, it is also common to see "tv signal receptor", or even "television reception apparatus".

For US stick with "TV" , for more broad audience "television".

So "television reception device" is a good option.

The decoder is recieving digital mpeg2 streamed video over radio, and this makes it count as a tv reception device. .

A digital television reception device having a television recording function, ... The digital television reception device of claim 19 further comprises:a ...

< Previous | Next >