dive in the pool in her bikini / in her bikini, she dive in ....

yuva

Banned
Arabic
1) She removes her dresses and dive in the pool in her bikini.
2) She removes her dresses, in her bikini, she dive in the pool.

Which one correct? The first sentence I fell confuses because the phrase "She removes her dresses" doesn't clearly says whether she removed all the dresses standing nude? Only later part tell she didn't remove all the dresses.

• Copyright

American English
    #2 is just odd.
    #1 would be fine with a singular dress and dives: She removes her dress and dives into the pool in her bikini. The only thing we might be wondering is why she has a bikini under her dress, rather than normal undergarments.

And she is never nude in your sentence.

aday2010

Banned
    Telugu
    #2 is just odd.
    #1 would be fine with a singular dress and dives: She removes her dress and dives into the pool in her bikini. The only thing we might be wondering is why she has a bikini under her dress, rather than normal undergarments.

And she is never nude in your sentence.
    Normal undergarments? That's called bikini, right? I though a women is just wearing a bra and panties, its called bikini. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong, how do you say that in this sentence? "in her undergarments"? That's doesn't sound right.

Myridon

English - US
    Normal undergarments? That's called bikini, right?
    A bikini is a two-piece swimsuit. I think you're also confusing "dresses" with "clothes."
    From the Word Reference Dictionary (at the top of the page):
    bikini
    a woman's very brief two-piece swimming costume
    dress
    one-piece garment for a woman, consisting of a skirt and bodice

Copyright

American English
    Normal undergarments? That's called bikini, right? I though a women is just wearing a bra and panties, its called bikini. Am I wrong? If I'm wrong, how do you say that in this sentence? "in her undergarments"? That's doesn't sound right.
    You might say underwear, or bra and panties .. it will depend on tone and atmosphere and your audience.

< Previous | Next >