DIY wedding

al_spy

french- France
Hi there,

I wanted to know if there is another expression to say DIY in English? I am looking for something a bit more formal but which would convey the same meaning.
The context would be the one of a wedding. "Couples may which a DIY approach" is the sentence I would like to build with another expression.
Thanks in advance!

• heypresto

English - England
    "Couples may which a DIY approach" makes no sense, I'm afraid. Even if you substituted another word for 'DIY' it would not sound English. Can you explain exactly what it is you wish to say.

EStjarn

Spanish
    Perhaps al_spy means 'wish': Couples may wish [to take] a DIY approach to their wedding.

Edit: Cross-posted with exgerman.

exgerman

NYC
    English but my first language was German
    You could say "couples may want/wish to manage some aspects of the wedding for themselves", but I don't see anything undignified in may wish to take a DIY approach (estjarn is right---you should say "wish to take"). DIY is the established term. Any other word will require explanation.

heypresto

English - England
    You could say "couples may want/wish to manage some aspects of the wedding for themselves", but I don't see anything undignified in may wish to take a DIY approach (estjarn is right---you should say "wish to take"). DIY is the established term. Any other word will require explanation.
    :thumbsup: I agree.

< Previous | Next >