do / make bank operations

< Previous | Next >

riglos

Senior Member
Argentina - Spanish
Hi people!

1. Would you use do or make to state the following?

"A swipe card is used for doing / making bank operations."

2. Would you rather say "bank transactions"?

3. If I use "perform" instead of "make" or "do", is the sentence still correct?

Thanks a lot!

Mara.
 
  • ElaineG

    Senior Member
    USA/English
    riglos said:
    Hi people!

    1. Would you use do or make to state the following?

    "A swipe card is used for doing / making bank operations."

    2. Would you rather say "bank transactions"? Yes
    3. If I use "perform" instead of "make" or "do", is the sentence still correct? It's more correct!

    Thanks a lot!

    Mara.
    I like "A swipe card is used for performing bank [or banking] transactions."
     

    E-J

    Senior Member
    England, English
    "Transactions" definitely sounds better in a banking context.

    Another option is: "A swipe card is used for carrying out [bank] transactions."
     

    riglos

    Senior Member
    Argentina - Spanish
    Thanks a lot! But in the case I just had the option of using either "make" or "do", which one would you choose?

    Thanks!

    Mara.

    PS: Please correct my English if you find any mistakes.
     

    E-J

    Senior Member
    England, English
    riglos said:
    Thanks a lot! But in the case I just had the option of using either "make" or "do", which one would you choose?
    In that case (you're at gunpoint, right? :D ) I would choose "make".

    riglos said:
    PS: Please correct my English if you find any mistakes.
    But in the case I just had the option of using ... --> "But supposing / if I just had the option of using ..."
     

    sunsail

    Senior Member
    de langue Turc
    Hello
    I was searching forums and I came across this thread.
    I d like to know why you choose to use make instead of do
    Thanks

    In that case (you're at gunpoint, right? :D ) I would choose "make".



    But in the case I just had the option of using ... --> "But supposing / if I just had the option of using ..."
     
    < Previous | Next >
    Top