do my Flesh-Eating Zombie thing

< Previous | Next >

blossomy

Chinese
Good morning ,everyone.
Could you please kindly tell me what does this sentence mean?
" He wanted me to do my Flesh-Eating Zombie thing."
This sentence appears in a short story when the author recalled his son.
Thanks in advance!

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Good morning, blossomy.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I don't really know what flesh-eating zombies do, but whatever they do, the son wanted him to act like that. I don't know whether he was to mimic the zombies literally, or whether the use is figurative. Perhaps the son wanted the narrator to do something that he considered equivalent to eating human flesh.

Can you tell us more about the situation the author was remembering? It will help us figure out why the author is talking about zombies.

Note: What is the name of the story and of the author? We ask you to name the source of every quotation. ;)

blossomy

Chinese
    Dear Cagey, thanks for your reply.
    This sentence appears at the beginning of The Massive Rat,which written by David Mitchell.
    Fragment of the story:
    "My wife strapped in Freddy, shut the door and turned towards me. "I have a 10 o'clock meeting with Patrick Beeman. To discuss what needs to be done." I suppose I nodded. Freddy wanted me to do my Flesh-Eating Zombie thing, but after Lorna's declaration, it was beyond me. She said something else that I heard but didn't really hear, climbed into the car and drove off. Freddy looked through the back window: his puzzlement gave me the strength to muster a weak smile and a wave. "
    I guess maybe it's some game between the author and his son.
    Best wishes!

< Previous | Next >