Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you?

badbadger

England, English
In the Clint Eastwood film Dirty Harry there is the famous line "Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you?" that Eastwood says before shooting someone.

How would you translate the second part (the "well, do you?" part), (as in how does the structure work in Italian, not just translating that particular usage!)?

• badbadger

England, English
    Thanks for the replies. So, just to check, could I use those phrases in the following case:

If I had asked my brother if he wanted a coffee, but perhaps he didn't answer for whatever reason could I then ask "well, do you?" using for example "allora, e' cosi?"

Many thanks

housecameron

Italian/ Italy
    Thanks for the replies. So, just to check, could I use those phrases in the following case:

If I had asked my brother if he wanted a coffee, but perhaps he didn't answer for whatever reason could I then ask "well, do you?" using for example "allora, e' cosi?"

Many thanks
    Allora, lo vuoi? (il caffé) :)
    It depends on the question..

Heracleum

Italy - Italian
    Not really :)

In such case you could ask:
    "Allora? Lo vuoi?"

Allora/well = is to attract his attention. The rest is a short version of the original question, without repeating completely. Obviously if he didn't pay attention at all you have to repeat it fully ;)

< Previous | Next >