do you mind vs would you mind

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

I was wondering which sentence is more idiomatic regarding the underlined part:

1) Would you mind sending me the photos we took yesterday when we were cooking the Turkey.

2) Do you mind sending me the photos we took yesterday when we were cooking the Turkey.

Context: I sent a message to my foreign friend to ask her to send the photos she took yesterday about the scene in which we were cooking the turkey. The concern is that the picture includes her so I don't think she will be definitely willing to send them to me. Besides, although we are friends but we just met for one month so I think I should not be that casual.

• Copyright

American English
    Use "Would" here – much more appropriate and polite.

Note that Turkey is a country and turkey is a bird.

Copyright

American English
    I don't know that it's possible for the "would" sentence to be seen as too polite, but if you'd like something else that's still better than "Do you mind," you could use "Could you send me ...," but you lose the "Would/Do you mind" courtesy of the first two.

I would only use "Could" if it was understood that the two of you are willing (and maybe often do) share photos and you're just prompting him to send them along.

Sun14

Chinese
    I don't know that it's possible for the "would" sentence to be seen as too polite, but if you'd like something else that's still better than "Do you mind," you could use "Could you send me ...," but you lose the "Would/Do you mind" courtesy of the first two.

I would only use "Could" if it was understood that the two of you are willing (and maybe often do) share photos and you're just prompting him to send them along.

Got it. Thank you very much.