Docente esperto

< Previous | Next >

Murphy

English, UK
Does anyone know what a "Docente esperto" is? On a cv, I have the following sentence:
Prestazione di servizi di formazione e ricerca presso istituti pubblici italiani, in qualità di Docente formatore e Docente esperto)

"Docente formatore" is (I believe) someone who teaches other people how to teach, so I've put "teacher trainer". I'm assuming that "docente esperto" is related to the "servizi di ricerca" mentioned, but I don't know how to translate it.

Any "docenti esperti" out there?

• Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    Guarda qui
    E' una qualifica specifica.
    Io tradurrei "experienced teacher".
    BTW: se stai traducendo titoli universitari, forse userei " experienced professor"

Murphy

English, UK
    Thank you for the link, Lorena - very useful.
    Arsenalesco, in this case "docente" refers to "istituti pubblici italiani" but not including university level, which has already been dealt with on the cv under a different heading.

Lorena1970

Banned
    Italy, Italiano
    Honestly, I don't think "Senior teacher" does exist as an official qualification (come si direbbe in Italiano? Non lo so e non credo esista). I don't think it fits in this is the case, where the word to be translated (an the meaning to be conveyed) is "esperto" as very skillful, opposite to "ordinario".

morgana

Honestly, I don't think "Senior teacher" does exist as an official qualification (come si direbbe in Italiano? Non lo so e non credo esista). I don't think it fits in this is the case, where the word to be translated (an the meaning to be conveyed) is "esperto" as very skillful, opposite to "ordinario".
    Actually I've found many references to junior/senior teachers on the Internet, especially in job applications (here's an example: http://health.tau.ac.il/eng/faculty/school-faculty.asp) and it seems to me that they mean exactly "docente esperto". I don't know if it's an official qualification though.

By the way, Murphy: I'm not so sure that Docente formatore means teacher trainer. He/she could train anyone, not just teachers, depending on what the company/institution does.

Murphy

English, UK
    Actually I've found many references to junior/senior teachers on the Internet, especially in job applications (here's an example: http://health.tau.ac.il/eng/faculty/school-faculty.asp) and it seems to me that they mean exactly "docente esperto". I don't know if it's an official qualification though.

By the way, Murphy: I'm not so sure that Docente formatore means teacher trainer. He/she could train anyone, not just teachers, depending on what the company/institution does.
    In which case, it could just be translated as "trainer" then?

"Senior Teacher" does look like an appropriate term for "docente esperto":thumbsup: See here.
    Thank you very much for your help:)

< Previous | Next >