Doctorat ès Lettres

  • djmc

    Senior Member
    English - United Kingdom
    In Britain at any rate one can either have a Ph D (philosophiae doctor) i.e. a doctorate awarded after the submission of a thesis. This may be in any subject. A D Litt (doctor litterae) may be awarded often to established scholars for published work. This would be for arts or humanities, for science it would be D Sc. Most doctorates are Ph Ds and are awarded aftar three or more years of research.
    < Previous | Next >