Document Unique De Prévention Des Risques Professionnels

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by sacchan71, Jun 15, 2008.

  1. sacchan71 Senior Member

    France, French
    Hi everyone!

    Here's a a tough question:

    How do you translate "Document Unique d'Evaluation des Risques Professionnels" in English ?

    Thanks if you know the answer.

    Still searching meanwhile... :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2011
  2. Neets Senior Member

    English- Uk
    How about "special guide for occupational risk assessment"?
  3. Isashani Senior Member

    French - France
    Still no answer for this :( I don't think document unique can be translated to "special guide", because it means it is a document which can be only issued once. Anyone knows how to translate it ?
  4. Neets Senior Member

    English- Uk
    One-off guide?
  5. Isashani Senior Member

    French - France
    Hi Neets ! Thanks for the reply!

    Does "one-off" mean that there only exists one copy of the document ? I didn't know that word, thanks !
  6. Neets Senior Member

    English- Uk
    I would say that "one-off" suggests it was issued on a single occasion, but there could be several copies.

    Perhaps "singular" would be the word to use here.
  7. Isashani Senior Member

    French - France
    Thanks Neets!!
  8. carog Senior Member

    England - Hampshire
    French - France
    In the UK, I think this is known simply as a "risk assessment", defined as "a formal document, required by law, identifying hazards in the workplace and establishing precautions to minimize risk."
    Here I would understand "unique" as a single document so my guess would be "single (hazard) risk assessment form"?
  9. sacchan71 Senior Member

    France, French
    Ok. Thanks for the reply.
  10. totobobo New Member

    English - Canada
    Hi everyone,

    In this context the word "unique" signifies a single compiled text as opposed to several sources. English equivalents could be "integrated", "comprehensive", perhaps "complete".

    Carog suggested translating document as "form", but it's more of a list, register or inventory than a form.

    The "document unique de prévention des risques professionnels" or "document unique d'évaluation des risques" was enacted into law in France by the decree "Décret n°2001-1016 du 5 novembre 2001 portant création d'un document relatif à l'évaluation des risques pour la santé et la sécurité des travailleurs." :

    This legislation is the transposition of European
    legislation: "Council Directive 89/391/EEC of 12 June 1989 on the introduction of measures to encourage improvements in the safety and health of workers at work" and in particular the articles 9 and 10:

    To sum up, I suggest translating "document unique de prevention des risques professionels" as "Comprehensive workplace risk prevention assessment" and "document unique d'évaluation des risques" as "Comprehensive risk assessment inventory".

    All the best.
  11. sacchan71 Senior Member

    France, French
    Perfect! I'm impressed. Thorough & precise.Thanks. It was worth waiting. :)
  12. Kelimutu

    Kelimutu Senior Member

    Dieulefit, Drôme
    English GB
    For future reference: Risques professionnels is usually translated as occupational hazards

    I have found Single Document translated in IATE as Single Administrative document

    so that makes it a single administrative document for occupational hazard prevention

Share This Page