English
Hello,

I wonder what the difference would be in meaning (if at all), if you said:

"documentation on refugees"
or "documentation of refugees".

Many thanks in advance.

• cangura

English
    It's actually the name of a research centre: Center for Documentation of Refugees. They produce and collect writings on refugees (e.g. papers on refugee protection law or on government strategies) as academics.

Above is their official title, but I wonder if putting an "on" instead of an "of" would be an option...

Does that help?

Copyright

American English
    You're welcome -- notice how I said "in this case." Just thinking about prepositions reminds me how thankful I am to have been born a native English speaker. :)

Do you have the documentation on those refugees?
    Do you have the documentation for those refugees.
    Is this is the Center for Documentation of Refugees?

EStjarn

Spanish
    I wonder what the difference would be in meaning (if at all), if you said: "documentation on refugees" or "documentation of refugees".

I think you've got a point in questioning the choice of preposition. Choosing 'of' over 'on' may have been done so as to avoid confusing the research center with a United Nations' subdivision:

a) A Google search for 'centre/center for documentation of refugees' yields 19 hits for 'centre' (which - if analyzed - turn out to be misspellings of the UN subdivision's name); and for 'center' (15 hits), which are generally related to the University of Tokyo:

[Mission statement:] "The Center for Documentation of Refugees and Migrants (CDR) exists in order to advance the study of migration and refugees through connecting researchers in the field of Migration and Forced Migration with information and providing a forum for interaction." (source)

b) A Google search for 'Centre/Center for Documentation on Refugees' yields 100 (centre) and 33 (center) hits. These are almost exclusively related to the United Nations' subdivision (which presently doesn't seem to exist). Here's from a report issued 1994:

The Centre for Documentation on Refugees (CDR), as part of the Division of International Protection of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), collects, treats and disseminates information on all aspects of refugee matters. (source)

cesar92

Español de España
    Hello . I would like to chime in and ask which one of the options would be better:
    Requested documentation for legal person
    Requested documentation for natural person
    or
    Requested documentation for legal persons
    Requested documentation for natural persons

Thanks a lot

Egmont

English - U.S.
    Hello . I would like to chime in and ask which one of the options would be better:
    Requested documentation for legal person
    Requested documentation for natural person
    or
    Requested documentation for legal persons
    Requested documentation for natural persons

Thanks a lot

In what context? They can all be correct in the right context, wrong in other contexts. What do you mean to say with one or two of these?

cesar92

Español de España
    Many thanks for the answer. I am writing a list about the documentation required for natural and legal persons to buy assets in my country.

Thanks a lot