Dollar fries

bobepine

Canada, English & French
Hi all,

I'm still working on this menu, and I've stumbled upon "dollar fries."

Now, they obviously don't refer to the dollar menu of fast food places, so what are they? A different cut? Homestyle? Something else entirely?

Any help would be much appreciated.

b.

• Gutenberg

français international
    "Every day! The Dollar Menu features some of your favorite-tasting McDonald's foods for only a dollar ... every day." (McDonald's site.)

Dollar fries = frites à 1 $

I think they do refer to the dollar menus.

bobepine

Canada, English & French
    Hi Gutenberg,

Unfortunately, right in the middle of the table d'hôte of a reasonably upscale restaurant, I find it difficult to believe they would toss in McDonald's French fries. If I find out what the difference is, I will pass it along.

Gutenberg

français international
    Hi Gutenberg,

Unfortunately, right in the middle of the table d'hôte of a reasonably upscale restaurant, I find it difficult to believe they would toss in McDonald's French fries. If I find out what the difference is, I will pass it along.

They don't have to be McDonald's French fries, just French fries for a dollar.

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    English - USA
    pommes de terre coupées en rondelles et frites (qui ressemblent à des pièces de 1 dollar)

PS In Canada wouldn't you call those loony fries?! ;)

bobepine

Canada, English & French
    Wildan1, my dear, that makes wonderful sense. Thank you so much for your help.

Moon Palace

French
    pommes de terre coupées en rondelles et frites (qui ressemblent à des pièces de 1 dollar)

So, what shall we call them if they ever get imported in France, in case of a clash? Euro fries? :D

Gutenberg

français international

Et en français ? Les frites loonie (?)

"La pièce la plus commune, et la plus connue, est le "loonie", la pièce de 1 dollar. Elle tient son nom de l'oiseau représenté sur une des 2 faces, un grand plongeur du Nord (Gavia immer de son nom scientifique), et plus communément appelé "common loon"."