Dolomites or Dolomite's

< Previous | Next >

ayduna

italian
Hello !

Would you use" Enjoy the Dolomites' experience" or "enjoy the dolomites experience"?

Thank you

• e2efour

UK English
    Welcome to the English forum, ayduna!

What do you mean by dolomites (one of which you have written as Dolomites)?
    In other words, you should give us a complete sentence that makes the context clear.:)

ayduna

italian
    Thank you !
    The complete sentence would be " Enjoy the Dolomites experience with your family" but I was not sure if it was more correct to say "Enjoy The Dolomites' experience with your family"

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    "Enjoy the Dolomites Experience with your family" :tick: "The <Name of Place> Experience" is very common in English. Using a noun to qualify another noun is normal. (Note capital letters because you have created a proper noun.)

"Enjoy The Dolomites' experience with your family" :cross: This is not used because it means, "Experience, with your family, the same thing that the Dolomites experience." and the Dolomites do not "experience" anything (with the possible exception of erosion. :))

Egmont

English - U.S.
    I agree completely from the American English standpoint. The experience does not belong to the Dolomites. They do not own it. There is no reason to use a possessive form here.

ayduna

italian
    I agree completely from the American English standpoint. The experience does not belong to the Dolomites. They do not own it. There is no reason to use a possessive form here.
    Thank you all !! you've been all very helpful ... I already love this forum :)

< Previous | Next >