domestic violence advocate


Senior Member
Buenas tardes a todos, I see under the dictionary entry for advocate that "victim advocate" can be "abogada de la víctima," but it seems to me that this role might be confused with an attorney. Is there a better term for this? I've looked for mention of this role in places like this webpage of the Colombian government, but it just refers to interdisciplinary teams. An advocate is similar to a social worker but does not necessarily have training in social work. They're somewhere between a promotora, but I would say usually have more education, at least in the United States, and a social worker, who has specialized training. Muchas gracias de antemano.
  • Back