Don Juan

indigoduck

Canadian English
Ola a gente,

These are part of the lyrics of a song. I'm not sure what is the significance of Don Juan in the lyrics, and what it might mean. What's the meaning of the image of Don Juan in these lyrics. Hero ?

"Se pasei sem esperá-lo
de Don Juan a conquistado,
foi por ela.
Por ela... "

Obrigado desde ja.

• "She was right next door and I´m so a strong persuader, she´s just another notch on my guitar..." (Strong persuader, by Robert Cray)

Don Juan is a man who enjoys making women fall for him while he does not feel the same for them. It´s just about flirting, seducing, and discarding the poor soul for the next prey. In Brazil, such a man is called "conquistador barato".
    So, he´s far from being a hero. In the lyrics you mentioned, he changed from predator to prey.

BTW, the lyrics you posted are an excerpt of an old song by Julio Iglesias, right?

Last edited:

indigoduck

Canadian English
    "She was right next door and I´m so a strong persuader, she´s just another notch on my guitar..." (Strong persuader, by Robert Cray)

Don Juan is a man who enjoys making women fall for him while he does not feel the same for them. It´s just about flirting, seducing, and discarding the poor soul for the next prey. In Brazil, such a man is called "conquistador barato".
    So, he´s far from being a hero. In the lyrics you mentioned, he changed from predator to prey.

BTW, the lyrics you posted are an excerpt of an old song by Julio Iglesias, right?
    Yes

< Previous | Next >