donation

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
Dear Colleagues,

I am embarrased and sorry to post like this, but I am trying to help a local priest. My Russian friend is on holiday, so I am asking you.

Please could someone write for me in Russian on two separate lines (so I can tell the difference!):

Russian (the name of the language)

Donation 1 shekel

Thank you, and if you need anything in Hebrew, please let me know.
Sr Claire Edith
:)

• papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    Sister Claire
    here is the translation:

Russian По-русски

Donation 1 shekel Пожертвование -- 1 шекель
    Hope this helps!
    Good luck

Note: По-русски means "in Russian", which is how you would normally say it. However, you can also just translate directly
    Russian Русский, this works as well.

irix

russian/Russia
    Hello, Nun-Translator!
    Russian = русский
    Donation 1 shekel = дар(подарок) в 1 шекель (i'm not sure about this translation, i think it depends on context)

Etcetera

Russian, Russia (St Petersburg)
    Dear Colleagues,

I am embarrased and sorry to post like this, but I am trying to help a local priest. My Russian friend is on holiday, so I am asking you.

Please could someone write for me in Russian on two separate lines (so I can tell the difference!):

Russian (the name of the language)

Donation 1 shekel

Thank you, and if you need anything in Hebrew, please let me know.
    Sr Claire Edith
    Is this needed for an information board or something like that?
    In my opinion, it's better to translate "Russian" here as Русский. По-русски (literally: "in Russian") would sound somewhat strange, non-native. That's how it sounds to me, at least.
    As for the translation of "Donation 1 shekel", I second Papillon's suggestion: Пожертвование - 1 шекель.

papillon

Russian (Ukraine)
    OK, I suppose that's true. If the context specifies that we're talking about languages, and then we list a bunch of them, then Русский is the way to go.

Nunty

Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Oh, thank you so very, very much! I'd try to write spazeba but I'd mess that up even more in Russian than in transliteration!
    Sr. Claire Edith