Donjerman

< Previous | Next >

MatteoT

Italian
Hi guys,

Do you now the meaning of DONJERMAN?

It should be an adjective. I found this word on a flier in which people gave marks (1 to 10) to the person's skills. For example:
Personality 6
Intelligence 8
Donjerman 7

A friend of mine told me it should come from the north of england. But she's kiwi and used to live in australia so maybe she's just messing with me.

Looking forward to find out the meaning. Thx!

• Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Hi and welcome :)
    Personally, I've never heard it Matteo but if you could give us a few more details about the flier you mentioned, maybe we can try and understand its meaning ;) What's the flier about ? Where did you see/find it ?

Andygc

British English
    Have you searched for this supposed word on Google? It doesn't exist, other than in a very few instances of it being used as a nickname or user name. (Not even in the Urban Dictionary!)

MatteoT

Italian
    It's a company's flier. Kind of game they do in the organisation maybe to evaluate the personality or skills of each employee. It is attached to her fridge. Now, I'm 100% sure that the word exists even if i neither did not findanything in google nor had a positive response by the people who live here in London (they should know it). My friend knows the meaning but she challenged me to find it out... and i have accepted the challenge.

Andygc

British English
    You are 100% sure that a word exists even though it is in no dictionary and does not appear as a word with a meaning in an online search? Here's another - "pfluxic" - I just made it up, so it's a word and I'm 100% sure that it now exists. It may well appear in a Google search in a few days, and I'll think of a meaning when it does. ;)

sdgraham

USA English
    You are 100% sure that a word exists even though it is in no dictionary and does not appear as a word with a meaning in an online search? Here's another - "pfluxic" - I just made it up, so it's a word and I'm 100% sure that it now exists. It may well appear in a Google search in a few days, and I'll think of a meaning when it does. ;)
    :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:
    Note that companies often have their own jargon, incomprehensible to outsiders. Such jargon should not be considered part of the English (remember to capitalize England, Australia, Kiwi:)) language.
    Welcome to the forum.:)

MatteoT

Italian
    Hi all,

I got the donjerman's definition: a man who is always up for a laugh and plays with danger without caution.

She gave it to me and I got it's better to learn her first language instead of speaking in English.

<< This forum is English Only >>

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >