Don't feel like that !

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by schmooze, Nov 10, 2005.

1. schmooze Member

Adelaide South Australia
    Australia - English
    OK; I'd like to have this translated into Italian please.
    You're very sad ! Don't feel sad ! I can only reply to you that you have to do what you feel in your heart is right. You must ask him why he left you for another woman. I hope that my advice helps you.
    Soppy stuff, I know... :)

schmooze

2. uinni

uinni Senior Member

Italy, Italian
    Hi!
    Sei molto triste! Non essere/sentirti triste! Posso solo risponderti che è giusto che tu debba fare quello che senti nel tuo cuore [but the English sentence sounds odd to me...]. Devi chiedergli perché ti ha lasciato per un'altra (donna). Spero che il mio consiglio ti aiuti.

Uinni

3. schmooze Member

Adelaide South Australia
    Australia - English
    DEar Uinni

Thank you very much for that.
    And I hear you when you say that sentence sounds awkward. It's perfectly grammatical though. "... you have to do what you feel in your heart is right'. It's quite common. I've had it said to me and heard it said quite often.
    Thank you for your help.

schmooze

4. uinni

uinni Senior Member

Italy, Italian
    I only wanted to point out that as it sounded odd to me I was afraid I did not catch the exact meaning, so that my translation of it could be wrong...

Uinni

5. schmooze Member

Adelaide South Australia
    Australia - English
    Uinni

well actually... how about if I change that to...." you must do what you KNOW in your heart is right"
    Does that make better sense to you?

6. uinni

uinni Senior Member

Italy, Italian
    My doubts where about that "is right" :)
    If the sentence is expressing this concept: "you feel in your heart that acting in a certain way is right, so do it", then the translation is perfect.

Uinni

7. schmooze Member

Adelaide South Australia
    Australia - English
    Yep that's exactly what I wanted to say.
    Thank you :)