Don't forget me, for I will not forget you

higadesign

spanish
i need help to translate a frase that i am planing to use in one of my pieces of art but, it has to be the best accurate possible since it will be exhibited and i dont want to feel embarrassed by the bad translation of google :s

the frase in spanish is "No me olvides, que yo nunca te olvidare"
in english is "Dont forget me, for i will not forget you"

thanks for everybodys help and hope i can have the right translation of this frase, i know a little but not enough to complete the sentence. :)

• mizoguchi

Spanish - Spain
    In spanish it must be "olvidaré".

I'm a nihongo noob, but that's my try.

私のこと忘れないでください、あなたのこと忘れないから。

But don't trust me. Wait for other replies.

Edit:
    I just awared that I ignored the nunca/never word in the second phrase. I don't know how to put it in japanese.
    Also, I think you broke some rules, maybe you get better help reading those first. (Non descriptive topic title. Didn't tried to translate it yourself. Didn't give context...) Unas cuantas...:p

Last edited:

higadesign

spanish
    opps sorry i was not aware of that :p
    like i said im new in this, so next time ill try to remember to specify my topic title sorry
    and thank you for your translation, i will wait to see more replies :)

Flaminius

coclea mod
    日本語 / japāniski / יפנית
    If you expect more replies, perhaps you could supply the full context? I am particularly interested in who says this to whom in what situation. Men's speech and women's speech are somewhat different in Japanese, but in formal occasions the difference is virtually zero.

Mod note
    Also, please observe the standard spelling conventions in the language you write your posts (English, Spanish etc.). This includes proper capitalisation (head of the sentence and, in case of English, language names), punctuation, apostrophe, accent marks. Can you edit your post just above?

mizoguchi

Spanish - Spain
    Thanks uchi.m.

I can understand why you added を and ね, but why removed ください?

Edit: Sory, seems that I can't edit my previous post to capitalice language names.

almostfreebird

Born and raised in Japón, soy japonés
    I can understand why you added を and ね, but why removed ください?
    私のこと(を) 忘れないでね sounds soft and lovely.

私のこと(を) 忘れないで sounds theatrical, pretentious.

私のこと(を) 忘れないで くださいね sounds pushy.

私のこと(を) 忘れないで ください is better than 私のこと(を) 忘れないで くださいね

Last edited:

mizoguchi

Spanish - Spain
    Well, it's higadesign's phrase. Let's wait for more context. :rolleyes:

At least I already learned some things. Thanks.:)

< Previous | Next >