don't go off wandering

csicska

hungarian
Hello again. Could someone please explain me what this title of Limp Bizkit song Don`t Go Off Wandering means? It is just a title of that song. Does it mean something like "don`t leave aimlessly"? Thank you for your kind responses.

• csicska

hungarian
    The song is about how the singer`s girlfriend got the best of him and mentally molested him. He wonders how much misery comes with humility. He says she doesn`t feel nothing at all and she thinks he is useless to her, so he has gone away.

csicska

hungarian
    I suppose that he is grateful that he has gone away and made that song just to make her to feel him through the song, to get her attention, to finally make her notice that he really loved her, really cared about her although she ignored him all the time, because she has no feelings.

Beryl from Northallerton

British English
    Very good, I've listened to that now, and I'm not very much the wiser for having done so. My best guess is that he's addressing his remarks to the unfeeling girl who'd wounded his pride.

He's saying, 'don't go wandering off whilst I'm giving you a piece of my mind - you're going to sit there for four minutes and listen to me telling you just how it is.'.

Last edited:

csicska

hungarian
    That would really make sense. So "off" is connected to "wander" and not to "go"? Thank you again.

< Previous | Next >